Mike S.

Default need castor info

I plan on building a roll around shop assembly bench simular to the one Mark
posted. Question I had was which castors would be less prone to get flat
spots from sitting in one place, plastic or the rubber? So far found the
castors at Grizzly's web site to be the best bang for the buck.

--
Mike S.
Cape Girardeau, Mo.

http://members.tripod.com/n0yii/woodworking.htm

Max

"Mike S." wrote
I plan on building a roll around shop assembly bench simular to the one
Mark posted. Question I had was which castors would be less prone to get
flat spots from sitting in one place, plastic or the rubber? So far found
the castors at Grizzly's web site to be the best bang for the buck.

--
Mike S.
Cape Girardeau, Mo.

The plastic *CASTERS* from Grizzly work fine for me.

Max D.

patrick conroy

"Mike S." wrote in message
. ..

posted. Question I had was which castors would be less prone to get flat
spots from sitting in one place, plastic or the rubber?

Hard plastic - but I prefer the rubber now after having used both.

So far found the
castors at Grizzly's web site to be the best bang for the buck.

HF has some too. But after having built a few now, I know that casters, like
clamps, are not something to cheapen out on. I'll gladly pay extra for the
better ones now.

Bruce

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 08:24:28 -0600, Max wrote
(in article ):

"Mike S." wrote
I plan on building a roll around shop assembly bench simular to the one
Mark posted. Question I had was which castors would be less prone to get
flat spots from sitting in one place, plastic or the rubber? So far found
the castors at Grizzly's web site to be the best bang for the buck.

--
Mike S.
Cape Girardeau, Mo.

The plastic *CASTERS* from Grizzly work fine for me.

Max D.

I bought four of the 4"x 1-1/4" casters from www.surpluscenter.com They were
very nice with a most excellent foot brake. These have the rubber over steel
an I keep about 100 pounds per wheel on them, no signs of flattening.

-Bruce

dgadams

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 10:36:56 +0000, Mike S. wrote:

I plan on building a roll around shop assembly bench simular to the one Mark
posted. Question I had was which castors would be less prone to get flat
spots from sitting in one place, plastic or the rubber? So far found the
castors at Grizzly's web site to be the best bang for the buck.

I've used the Grizzly casters. They worked OK in my application
(shop carts) but if I had it to do over again I'd spend more
for better quality. The carts have been in service for several months,
but I don't think the Grizzly units will last.