Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Steve Knight

Default My bandsaw has had a weird habit lately.

been using my delta 14" saw for about 10 years. been using the same blades
lenox bi metal blades forever too.
the first time it happed I was removing a piece of wood I cut only part way.
sometimes the wood binds a bit and pulls the blade. but it does not cause a
problem. but now the blade will jump forward and be about 1/2 on and 1/2 off the
wheel. at first I played around with the tracking to get it normal. but I found
that if I just undo the tension and get the blade in the middle and tighten it
it will move again the first time and stay the second usually. till something
causes it to jump 1/2 off the wheel again.
it tracks fine till that sudden jump. then it will stay there untilled I change
the tracking or undo and redo the tension.
the second time it happened it cut right through the blade guard sure startled
me (G)

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes

Old Delta bandsaw questions Jonathan Woodworking 1 November 20th 04 10:27 PM
first time bandsaw user/owner blade question Wookie Woodworking 4 February 29th 04 03:01 AM
New bandsaw saga Part I (long) Bruce Woodworking 0 December 30th 03 06:39 PM
Maloof: “Then I just cut ________ on the bandsaw charlie b Woodworking 12 November 16th 03 04:53 PM
Bandsaw Box... jim Woodworking 8 November 1st 03 05:07 PM