Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jason

Default exploding MDF

So Im out in the garage today working on a new router table. A few
days ago I took two pieces of 1/2 MDF, glued them together, clamped them
tightly and let them sit. Today I need to rip those pieces down into
a slimmer shape. I started to slide the mdf into the blade, got about 14
inchs into the cut when the wood seemed to explode! I have no idea what
happened, but explode is about as close of a description as I can get.
Pieces went flying everywhere, into my gut (lots of blood and bruises from
that one, but no trip to the hospital), my wifes truck (that one is gonna
cost me a pretty penny) and all over the garage! I was being safe around
the saw, push sticks and hold downs and all. Has anyone ever had any
trouble with perhaps weak spots in your wood reacting poorly to a blade?

Jason