DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   I AT'NT DEAD (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/102083-i-atnt-dead.html)

J T April 8th 05 10:40 PM

I AT'NT DEAD

Apparently there is some concern for me, because I dropped off of
the group, with no warning. Well, I at'nt dead yet. However, I was
beset by a sudden allergic reaction. Nothing life-threatening tho.

In the meantime, I have been pursuing various intrests. The
garage/shop project is slowly making progress. The older kid has
promised (again) the Luv will be done - sometime. Been checking (not
too hard) to track down some neutral Turtle wax shoe polish, to continue
my experiments with it on wood. Unsatisfactory results with Kiwi shoe
polish.

I've also been doing a LOT of web searching, for info on various
projects, some woodworking, most not. I've ran across some very
interesting stuff, including somve very nice plans. Including some
quite nifty woodworking plans I've not seen before. Free, of course.

A few of you may have noticed, I changed the URL of my webpage page
list. That happens every once in awhile. And, of course, that page has
all the links to all the other ages. LOL

At this point, I don't know what I'll do, in regard to
rec.woodworking. I've not been lurking, so I don't know what's been
going on, but I suppose it's about the same. When, and if, I start
posting again, I don't know that I'll continue posting free plans I
find. For those who don't know, I would find plans, and post the URLs
to them. I never needed to hunt these out, they were more or less
side-effects from searches I was making for myself. Most are free, and
there's heaps of 'em. Some good, some bad, some indifferent. Just
check the archives.

Ah yes, the allergic reaction, resulting in my dropping out of the
group. It was diagnosed as a sudden and severe allergic reaction fo BS
in large quantities. LMAO

Life is basically good.

JOAT
I can see lights from BOTH ends of the tunnel. And, they're both
locomotives.

jo4hn April 8th 05 11:36 PM

J T wrote:

Apparently there is some concern for me, because I dropped off of
the group, with no warning. Well, I at'nt dead yet. However, I was
beset by a sudden allergic reaction. Nothing life-threatening tho.

[snip]

Glad you're pretty much OK. Lots of BS here for sure, but lots of good
folks too.
phew,
jo4hn

Vic Baron April 9th 05 12:17 AM

"J T" wrote in message
When, and if, I start
posting again, I don't know that I'll continue posting free plans I
find.

sniffle But you're my INSPIRATION!

Life is basically good.

OH! ...in that case, OK then.

:)

Vic

Dave Balderstone April 9th 05 12:47 AM

In article , J T
wrote:

a sudden and severe allergic reaction fo BS
in large quantities.

Thanks for confirming what I was thinking...

What's with the web site, tho? Have you taken it down?

djb

Dave in Fairfax April 9th 05 01:06 AM

J T wrote:
Apparently there is some concern for me, because I dropped off of
the group, with no warning. Well, I at'nt dead yet. However, I was
beset by a sudden allergic reaction. Nothing life-threatening tho.

snip

Glad to hear that you're still above ground, ya had some of us a
bit worried.

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

B a r r y April 9th 05 01:38 AM

J T wrote:
Apparently there is some concern for me, because I dropped off of
the group, with no warning. Well, I at'nt dead yet. However, I was
beset by a sudden allergic reaction. Nothing life-threatening tho.

We were planning on sending direct emails to make sure you were OK. G

Barry

Edwin Pawlowski April 9th 05 04:34 AM

"J T" wrote in message
Apparently there is some concern for me, because I dropped off of
the group, with no warning. Well, I at'nt dead yet.

How about once a week you just post:

Subject: I AT'NT DEAD

If you miss one week, expect to get a lot of sympathy cards the following
week.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

GH April 9th 05 05:08 AM

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"J T" wrote in message
How about once a week you just post:
If you miss one week, expect to get a lot of sympathy cards the following
week.

Or just set up a web page similar to

http://www.abevigoda.com

--
GH

Fly-by-Night CC April 9th 05 08:57 AM

In article ,
(J T) wrote:

Well, I at'nt dead yet.

Well, maybe next time.

;)
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the
Corporate States of America and to the
Republicans for which it stands, one nation,
under debt, easily divisible, with liberty
and justice for oil."
- Wiley Miller, Non Sequitur, 1/24/05

Mike Patterson April 9th 05 10:25 PM

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 17:40:28 -0400, (J T)
wrote:

Apparently there is some concern for me, because I dropped off of
the group, with no warning. Well, I at'nt dead yet. However, I was
beset by a sudden allergic reaction. Nothing life-threatening tho.

SNIP

Life is basically good.
JOAT
I can see lights from BOTH ends of the tunnel. And, they're both
locomotives.

Glad to hear you're OK.

I do miss your plans posts, a lot were not useful for -me-, but those
few good ones were well worth going through the others for.

One of these days I'd like to see an update on the motor-oil treated
Tiki.

Mike

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin

Dave Hinz April 9th 05 10:28 PM

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 17:40:28 -0400, J T wrote:
Apparently there is some concern for me, because I dropped off of
the group, with no warning. Well, I at'nt dead yet.

Good. I was about to either get worried, or start a rumor that you
had, in fact, been the Pope all along.

However, I was
beset by a sudden allergic reaction. Nothing life-threatening tho.

Those can turn nasty, if it's a particularly severe one I hope
you've talked to your doc about getting an epinepherine injector
(epi-pen).

Ah yes, the allergic reaction, resulting in my dropping out of the
group. It was diagnosed as a sudden and severe allergic reaction fo BS
in large quantities. LMAO

Ah, that I don't think Epi helps with. Makes you all tense and jittery,
so probably the opposite of what you'd need in that case.

Dave Hinz

Dave Hinz April 9th 05 10:31 PM

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 23:08:45 -0500, GH wrote:

Or just set up a web page similar to
http://www.abevigoda.com

There's even a plugin for the firefox browser that checks his status,
and will change the display from "alive" when the site changes.

I love technology.

J T April 10th 05 03:23 AM

Fri, Apr 8, 2005, 10:36pm (EDT+4) (jo4hn) says:
Glad you're pretty much OK. Lots of BS here for sure, but lots of good
folks too.

Yep, lotta good people here. Just got a bit tired. I'm still not
lurking, but figured I'd best come back and check this thread out.

Later.

J T April 10th 05 03:26 AM

Fri, Apr 8, 2005, 10:40pm (EDT+4) (MikeG) says:
Happy to know you're not dead.

Yep, I'm pretty thrilled about it myself. I keep a pretty close
track on that, about every time I go to a doctor I have them verify it.
LOL

Patriarch April 10th 05 03:26 AM

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in
om:

"J T" wrote in message
Apparently there is some concern for me, because I dropped off of
the group, with no warning. Well, I at'nt dead yet.

How about once a week you just post:

If you miss one week, expect to get a lot of sympathy cards the
following week.

http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/sil...nists/gmsv/113
34938.htm

This has a certain appeal. Can probably be adapted to WebTV fairly easily,
too.

Glad you're above ground, JOAT.

Patriarch

J T April 10th 05 03:31 AM

Fri, Apr 8, 2005, 11:17pm (EDT+4) (Vic=A0Baron)
whimpers:
sniffle But you're my INSPIRATION!

It won't do any good, trying to play on my sympothy; you're going
to have to start thinking for your self.

But, here's one more inspiration.
http://www.shopsmithhandson.com/arch...end_project.h=
tm

In case you haven't guessed, it's an inspration for a CD/DVD case.
I don't know if the drawers will take them, or not - I just stack mine
up. But, if it's too small, just size it up a bit, and viola, you've
got a custom-made CD/DVD case.

J T April 10th 05 03:34 AM

Fri, Apr 8, 2005, 5:47pm (EDT-2)
(Dave=A0Balderstone) queries:
Thanks for confirming what I was thinking...
What's with the web site, tho? Have you taken it down?

Nah, still got it, still working on it, just changed the name of
the first page, which changed the URL. For now anyway, the link to the
wood page is still good.

Let me know if you want the page link.

J T April 10th 05 03:36 AM

Sat, Apr 9, 2005, 12:06am (EDT+4) (Dave=A0in=A0Fairfax)
says:
Glad to hear that you're still above ground, ya had some of us a bit
worried.

Well, if being above ground is all that worrys you, I figure on
being cremated, then hopefully never be buried. LMAO

J T April 10th 05 03:38 AM

Sat, Apr 9, 2005, 12:38am (EDT+4)
(B=A0a=A0r=A0r=A0y) claims:
We were planning on sending direct emails to make sure you were OK. G

LMAO You were beaten to it. That's why I let you guys know.

J T April 10th 05 03:43 AM

Sat, Apr 9, 2005, 3:34am (EDT+4) (Edwin=A0Pawlowski)
asks:How about once a week you just post:
If you miss one week, expect to get a lot of sympathy cards the
following week.

Nah, that'd mean I'd have to keep a schedule, and that would never
work.

J T April 10th 05 03:45 AM

Fri, Apr 8, 2005, 11:08pm (EDT-1) (GH) suggests:
Or just set up a web page similar to
http://www.abevigoda.com

That's kinda creepy.

J T April 10th 05 03:47 AM

Sat, Apr 9, 2005, 12:57am (EDT-3)
(Fly-by-Night=A0CC) laments:
Well, maybe next time.

No prob, I'll come back and haunt you when it happens, so you'll be
sure. LMAO

J T April 10th 05 03:53 AM

Sat, Apr 9, 2005, 5:25pm
(Mike=A0Patterson) says:
Glad to hear you're OK.
I do miss your plans posts, a lot were not useful for -me-, but those
few good ones were well worth going through the others for.
One of these days I'd like to see an update on the motor-oil treated
Tiki.

Thanks. It's plenty easy to find plans, I was just about the only
one posting any.

The Tiki died. You missed that? Not because of the oil, but it
split apart when it hit the ground again, too far gone. I've been
meaning to get another done, but keep getting distracted. Anyway, kept
using the wood I was gonna use on it for other things. But, the older
kid is now coming up with some free wood, so should have some soon. The
next one will be treated (some way) before it goes up. I do have one in
the shop, but it'll stay there. I'll put up a picture of the new one,
when it gets done.

J T April 10th 05 03:59 AM

Sat, Apr 9, 2005, 9:28pm (EDT+4) (Dave=A0Hinz)
says:

Boy, that would really ****ed off the Woodworking Gods. LOL

Those can turn nasty, if it's a particularly severe one I hope you've

talked to your doc about getting an epinepherine injector (epi-pen).

Nah, just a bit of desitin.

Ah, that I don't think Epi helps with. Makes you all tense and

jittery, so probably the opposite of what you'd need in that case.

If I wanted to be tense and jittery, I'd just adopt a couple of
kids. LMAO

J T April 10th 05 04:02 AM

Sat, Apr 9, 2005, 9:31pm (EDT+4) (Dave=A0Hinz)
says:
There's even a plugin for the firefox browser that checks his status,
and will change the display from "alive" when the site changes.
I love technology.

That's definitely weird.

J T April 10th 05 04:13 AM

Sat, Apr 9, 2005, 9:26pm (EDT-1)
(Patriarch) pushes:
http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/sil...nists/gmsv/113
34938.htm
This has a certain appeal. Can probably be adapted to WebTV fairly
easily, too.
Glad you're above ground, JOAT.

Hmm, they still could have called it an "i pot" if it had been put
in a toilet. I'm not sure tho, if it was put in a toilet, I think I
might start going outdoors. Creepy Big Brother is monitoring you. LOL

Like I told someone else, I figure on being cremated, and then not
being buried. Maybe I'll have the ashes dumped out in the jet stream,
starting on one of the coasts, then I can drop in on every one of you
guys. LMAO

Tim Douglass April 10th 05 04:58 AM

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 22:31:15 -0400, (J T)
wrote:

Fri, Apr 8, 2005, 11:17pm (EDT+4)
(Vic*Baron)
whimpers:

http://www.shopsmithhandson.com/arch...nd_project.htm

In case you haven't guessed, it's an inspration for a CD/DVD case.
I don't know if the drawers will take them, or not - I just stack mine
up. But, if it's too small, just size it up a bit, and viola, you've
got a custom-made CD/DVD case.

Norm made a CD case from that basic inspiration. One of these days I'm
going to build it (or a reasonable derivative thereof).

--
"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin... oh, and bring something to kill"

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com

Dave Balderstone April 10th 05 05:23 AM

In article , J T
wrote:

Let me know if you want the page link.

Your call if you want to post it or not.

Buddy Matlosz April 10th 05 05:35 AM

"J T" wrote in message
Fri, Apr 8, 2005, 10:40pm (EDT+4) (MikeG) says:
Happy to know you're not dead.

Yep, I'm pretty thrilled about it myself. I keep a pretty close
track on that, about every time I go to a doctor I have them verify it.

Don't forget to get a second opinion.

B.

Patriarch April 10th 05 08:09 AM

(J T) wrote in
:

Sat, Apr 9, 2005, 9:26pm (EDT-1)

(Patriarch) pushes:
http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/sil...olumnists/gmsv
/113 34938.htm
This has a certain appeal. Can probably be adapted to WebTV fairly
easily, too.
Glad you're above ground, JOAT.

Hmm, they still could have called it an "i pot" if it had been
put
in a toilet. I'm not sure tho, if it was put in a toilet, I think I
might start going outdoors. Creepy Big Brother is monitoring you.
LOL

That's all I need - the toilet sending email three times a night!

Patriarch

Dave in Fairfax April 10th 05 05:12 PM

J T wrote:
snip
Let me know if you want the page link.

Cremation seems like a reasonable answer to the, ah, housing
crisis. I would be interested in the URL, thanks.

Dave in Fairfax

J T April 10th 05 11:36 PM

Sun, Apr 10, 2005, 12:35am (Buddy=A0Matlosz)
advises:
Don't forget to get a second opinion.

I always double-check with the nurse. LOL

J T April 10th 05 11:42 PM

Sun, Apr 10, 2005, 2:09am (EDT-1)
(Patriarch) wails:
That's all I need - the toilet sending email three times a night!

Would your concern be because of the time, the frequency, or the
fact that it was your toilet? LOL

J T April 10th 05 11:50 PM

Sun, Apr 10, 2005, 4:12pm (EDT+4) (Dave=A0in=A0Fairfax)
says:
Cremation seems like a reasonable answer to the, ah, housing crisis. I
would be interested in the URL, thanks.

Once I reach the cremation stage, housing crisis is not gonna be
one of my major concerns. However, spiritual, cost (for the kids), and
other reasons make it the reasonable choice, as far as I'm concerned.
The Woodworking Gods think it's a hoot too.

Ah, what the Hell. Here's the link, you and Dave enjoy.
http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/PAGELIST/ Strange tho,
sometimes I punch it up, and says can'f find it; then, try again, and it
it comes up. Just don't think any of it it will stay the same.

Dave in Fairfax April 11th 05 01:00 AM

J T wrote:
Once I reach the cremation stage, housing crisis is not gonna be
one of my major concerns. However, spiritual, cost (for the kids), and
other reasons make it the reasonable choice, as far as I'm concerned.
The Woodworking Gods think it's a hoot too.
Ah, what the Hell. Here's the link, you and Dave enjoy.
http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/PAGELIST/ Strange tho,
sometimes I punch it up, and says can'f find it; then, try again, and it
it comes up. Just don't think any of it it will stay the same.

The housing shortage I was thinking of was the space taken up by
marble orchards instead of shopping malls and parking lots. %-)
The link get changed to:
When
I try it, and you're right, it doesn't connect. It still doesn't
when I remove the @ and try it some more. Interesting. I'll keep
trying.
Thanks,
Dave in Fairfax

Dave in Fairfax April 11th 05 01:17 AM

This link may work better.
http://community-2.webtv.net/@HH!ED!41!F95407936745/Jakofalltrades/PAGELIST/

Dave in Fairfax

Lee DeRaud April 11th 05 06:00 AM

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 00:00:41 GMT, Dave in Fairfax
wrote:

J T wrote:
[...]

That's weird:
http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/PAGELIST/ doesn't work, as
reported, but
*does*
work (at least from my domain), after automatically redirecting to
http://community-2.webtv.net/@HH!ED!41!F95407936745/Jakofalltrades/PAGELIST/

Wondrous and strange.

Lee

Edwin Pawlowski April 11th 05 11:14 AM

"Lee DeRaud" wrote in message

That's weird:
http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/PAGELIST/ doesn't work, as
reported, but
*does*
work (at least from my domain), after automatically redirecting to
http://community-2.webtv.net/@HH!ED!41!F95407936745/Jakofalltrades/PAGELIST/

Wondrous and strange.

Lee

It worked for me. Just checked the last two and they worked also.

J T April 11th 05 04:00 PM

Mon, Apr 11, 2005, 12:00am (EDT+4)
(Dave=A0in=A0Fairfax) says:
The housing shortage I was thinking of was the space taken up by marble
orchards instead of shopping malls and parking lots. %-) The link get
changed to:
When I try
it, and you're right, it doesn't connect. It still doesn't when I remove
the @ and try it some more. Interesting. I'll keep trying.

That's what I figured you meant. And, once I'm gone, it's up to
someone else to worry about it.

I tried both thos links. The one you supplied first. Took three
tries, then it worked for me. The other one worked first time. It's
goofing up again today, but just in case,
http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/PAGELIST All I can say is,
keep trying.