Woodchuck34

Default FS Brand New Delta TS Accessories

I just got my new Delta TS last week and I qualify for a free
accessory. Unfortunately/fortunatley, I already own all 3 options, so
if anyone wants to buy a new accessory, let me know. This helped my
sell SWMBO on the purchase of the new saw. Already sold my old one. I
have to place the order and it will take 6-8 weeks for delivery. I'm
looking for $50 + shipping costs, but these tools are all selling for
just under $90 on amazon. Wouldn't look for payment until I receive
the tools.

Choices a

Delta 35-535 8" Carbide-Tipped Dado Head Set

or

Delta 50-286 Mobile Machine Base for 31-280 Sanding Center

or

Delta 34-183 Tenoning Jig

Woodchuck34

Sorry, I should have included that. I live in Hershey, PA. None of
these items should exceed the USPS's or UPS's weight limits though, so
I can't imagine it would be too much.

Chuck

Mike

On 8 Apr 2005 12:37:26 -0700, "Woodchuck34"
wrote:

I just got my new Delta TS last week and I qualify for a free
accessory. Unfortunately/fortunatley, I already own all 3 options, so

Do you mind if I ask which miter gage came with your saw?
I'm looking for someone who has used the one they call the "deluxe
mitre gage". Thanks.

Mike O.
Woodchuck34

Mike,

I did get the "deluxe mitre gage" with the new saw. I just used it for
the first time over the weekend. I have an Incra, so this Delta is not
on par with that one, but it is a big improvement over the gage that
came with my 36-600. It has a spring load trigger that clicks into
notches at some of the more standard angles and the handle is much
taller. Not a bad gage, but I don't know if I would buy one as an
accessory over one like the Incra.

Chuck

Mike

On 11 Apr 2005 06:08:02 -0700, "Woodchuck34"
wrote:

I did get the "deluxe mitre gage" with the new saw. I just used it for
the first time over the weekend. I have an Incra, so this Delta is not
on par with that one, but it is a big improvement over the gage that
came with my 36-600.

Thanks for the reply Chuck.
I'm looking for a replacement for the old Delta style but not looking
to spend too much money.
My question about the new Delta gage is, can you lock the little
spring loaded finger out of the way?

I'm looking at the low end Incra (V27) and may go that route since the
price is about the same. I know the Incra will let me lock the
indexing finger out of the way.

Mike