Old March 2nd 17, 11:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Alaskan Chainsaw Mill

The log is ash and is about 27-28" wide. Note the winch that I use to pull
the mill through the log... much easier than pushing it and yields a better
and smoother cut!

Attached Thumbnails
Alaskan Chainsaw Mill-alaskanmillash2w-jpg   Alaskan Chainsaw Mill-alaskanmillashw-jpg

Old March 3rd 17, 12:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

John Grossbohlin wrote:
The log is ash and is about 27-28" wide. Note the winch that I use to pull
the mill through the log... much easier than pushing it and yields a better
and smoother cut!

Nice setup. How do you manage those last 6 inches?
Looks like you are getting some great lumber.

--
GW Ross

Old March 3rd 17, 09:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"G. Ross" wrote in message

John Grossbohlin wrote:
The log is ash and is about 27-28" wide. Note the winch that I use to
pull
the mill through the log... much easier than pushing it and yields a
better
and smoother cut!

Nice setup. How do you manage those last 6 inches?
Looks like you are getting some great lumber.

For the last bit I push the saw off and keep the back guide bar on the log
so it doesn't tip up as the front guide bar leaves the log. The same thing
is done in reverse to start the cut. It's not too difficult...

Alaskan Sawmill manyirons Woodworking 4 October 9th 09 02:24 PM
My Alaskan Ice Melter just melted kerilotion Home Repair 0 June 8th 08 11:26 PM
CHAINSAW MILL J T Woodworking 0 February 26th 05 07:12 AM
New affordable, precision chainsaw mill produces upto 70degree cuts to within +/- 1/4 degree of accuracy! Accutech Innovations Inc Home Ownership 2 August 28th 04 07:13 PM
Pay - Chainsaw Mill T. Woodworking 3 December 30th 03 06:04 PM