Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default An Average Toronto Snowfall

Attached Thumbnails
An Average Toronto Snowfall-reallybigsnow-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

How did the road crews clear that off?
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Just Wondering" wrote in message
On 2/3/2011 9:16 AM, Upscale wrote:

How did the road crews clear that off?

Cyclone collector maybe?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Upscale wrote:

From the looks of the trees and bushes the road was in a deep cut
through rock before the snow fell. Also, do they really drive on the
left side of the road in Toronto? More likely northern Japan.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Just Wondering wrote the following:
On 2/3/2011 9:16 AM, Upscale wrote:

How did the road crews clear that off?

There is no snow removal machine anywhere in the world that can leave
such perfect sides in snow that deep.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Right out of college I spent a winter living in that little cabin
settlement at the west end of Donner Lake, CA. It was a heavy winter,
lot's of snow. They plowed the bigger roads and made huge berms like
that.

It was GREAT FUN to take your disposable "snow car" out on the icy
roads, hit the brakes, crank the wheel, and carom down the road,
spinning and bouncing off the vertical berms like you were in a pin
ball game.

-Zz
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Thu, 03 Feb 2011 13:13:58 -0700, Just Wondering
wrote:

On 2/3/2011 9:16 AM, Upscale wrote:

How did the road crews clear that off?

Photoshop...
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Han Han is offline

noone wrote in news:anenk65t8m9p87arm0p0cckb3pdbbakgj9@
4ax.com:

wrote:

On 2/3/2011 9:16 AM, Upscale wrote:

How did the road crews clear that off?

Photoshop...

Say it ain't so ...

/sarcasm
--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"noone" wrote in message
How did the road crews clear that off?

Photoshop...

Nah! We're Canadians. We use hockey sticks to clear our snow and polar bears
to haul it away. Then we celebrate with maple syrup and back bacon.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Upscale" wrote in message

"noone" wrote in message
How did the road crews clear that off?

Photoshop...

Nah! We're Canadians. We use hockey sticks to clear our snow and polar
bears to haul it away. Then we celebrate with maple syrup and back bacon.

That's edible but I would rather eat just about anything else. Used to get
Canadian bacon and maple syrup in the school cafeteria as a kid in Maine.
You'd swear that Maine is part of Canada. Hockey, duck pin bowling, food,
etc. I now live in Washington state. Very little if any Canadian influence
here. Odd.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Forwarded to me by a friend. Sorry I don't speak Farsi!
Sparky01

"CW" wrote in message
m...

"Upscale" wrote in message

"noone" wrote in message
How did the road crews clear that off?
Photoshop...

Nah! We're Canadians. We use hockey sticks to clear our snow and polar
bears to haul it away. Then we celebrate with maple syrup and back bacon.

That's edible but I would rather eat just about anything else. Used to get
Canadian bacon and maple syrup in the school cafeteria as a kid in Maine.
You'd swear that Maine is part of Canada. Hockey, duck pin bowling, food,
etc. I now live in Washington state. Very little if any Canadian influence
here. Odd.

Attached Thumbnails
An Average Toronto Snowfall-02-jpg  An Average Toronto Snowfall-161225_117-jpg  An Average Toronto Snowfall-161226_761-jpg  An Average Toronto Snowfall-161228_478-jpg  An Average Toronto Snowfall-161229_353-jpg

An Average Toronto Snowfall-161230_232-jpg  An Average Toronto Snowfall-161235_182-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 02/04/2011 03:16 AM, Upscale wrote:
wrote in message
How did the road crews clear that off?

Photoshop...

Nah! We're Canadians. We use hockey sticks to clear our snow and polar bears
to haul it away. Then we celebrate with maple syrup and back bacon.

No Labotts?

--
Kevin Miller - http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Juneau, Alaska
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Bill Hall wrote:
Forwarded to me by a friend. Sorry I don't speak Farsi!
Sparky01

wrote in message
m...

wrote in message

wrote in message
How did the road crews clear that off?
Photoshop...

Nah! We're Canadians. We use hockey sticks to clear our snow and polar
bears to haul it away. Then we celebrate with maple syrup and back bacon.

That's edible but I would rather eat just about anything else. Used to get
Canadian bacon and maple syrup in the school cafeteria as a kid in Maine.
You'd swear that Maine is part of Canada. Hockey, duck pin bowling, food,
etc. I now live in Washington state. Very little if any Canadian influence
here. Odd.

Yep. Looks like Japanese writing on the back of the bus.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Kevin Miller" wrote in message news:
Nah! We're Canadians. We use hockey sticks to clear our snow and polar
bears
to haul it away. Then we celebrate with maple syrup and back bacon.

No Labotts?

Not a chance. A real Canadian drinks Sortilège, which is a blend of Canadian
whiskey and maple syrup liqueur. As far as LaJunk goes, we leave that to the
hockey flakes. And, it's fitting too. The fans who unconditionally support
our National hockey embarassment, wouldn't know a real beer if it impaled
them in the butt.

(If any of you hockey nuts want to beat the crap out of me, my real name is
Jack Stein.)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Upscale" wrote in message

Looks like the snow is about 12" deep on top of a carved out canyon for the
road?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

In article , Gerald Ross
wrote:

Bill Hall wrote:
Forwarded to me by a friend. Sorry I don't speak Farsi!
Sparky01

Yep. Looks like Japanese writing on the back of the bus.

Yes that is a Japanese company number plate. The white on dark green
are fleet issued. Dark green on white are private.

The road is one in the Japan Alps. They are closed for most of the
winter and opened in April after most of the snow has finished

It is probably the Tateyama Snow Corridor

http://www.geargather.org/profiles/b...-snow-in-japan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsIWOUyjpOU

--
Jerome Meekings
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Out Damn Standing !! Thanks for the great update.

Sparky 01

"SCUBA Bookreader" wrote in message
In article , Gerald Ross
wrote:

Bill Hall wrote:
Forwarded to me by a friend. Sorry I don't speak Farsi!
Sparky01

Yep. Looks like Japanese writing on the back of the bus.

Yes that is a Japanese company number plate. The white on dark green
are fleet issued. Dark green on white are private.

The road is one in the Japan Alps. They are closed for most of the
winter and opened in April after most of the snow has finished

It is probably the Tateyama Snow Corridor

http://www.geargather.org/profiles/b...-snow-in-japan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsIWOUyjpOU

--
Jerome Meekings

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

SCUBA Bookreader wrote the following:
In article , Gerald Ross
wrote:

Bill Hall wrote:

Forwarded to me by a friend. Sorry I don't speak Farsi!
Sparky01

Yep. Looks like Japanese writing on the back of the bus.

Yes that is a Japanese company number plate. The white on dark green
are fleet issued. Dark green on white are private.

The road is one in the Japan Alps. They are closed for most of the
winter and opened in April after most of the snow has finished

It is probably the Tateyama Snow Corridor

http://www.geargather.org/profiles/b...-snow-in-japan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsIWOUyjpOU

I want to apologize for my statement in an earlier post that no machine
could remove snow that high.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"willshak" wrote in message
http://www.geargather.org/profiles/b...-snow-in-japan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsIWOUyjpOU

I want to apologize for my statement in an earlier post that no machine
could remove snow that high.

For being wrong, you're sentenced to shovel 100 yards of that highway by
hand.

Refrigerators - all average at best? [email protected] Home Repair 5 February 24th 09 09:39 PM
Yard in Toronto [email protected] Home Repair 0 January 27th 06 08:23 PM
Average kW of a Shower Peter F UK diy 4 January 16th 06 06:41 PM
Average price ben UK diy 0 September 13th 05 04:42 PM
where to buy bricks in Toronto? Edwin Pawlowski Home Repair 7 January 1st 05 11:08 PM