Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Small desk

I had a cutout left over from my kitchen project a couple years ago.
While doing other projects, I was weighing possible uses; tossing it
offended my sensibilities. The objective was to come up with a simple
application that did not require inordinate time to complete but that would
be useful.

More on my website at http://mklange.cnc.net/SimpleDesk/SimpleDesk.html
Main page: http://mklange.cnc.net

Rob Leatham

Attached Thumbnails
Small desk-completeddesk_001-jpg  Small desk-completeddesk_004-jpg

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Dave Balderstone wrote:

In article , Mark &
Juanita wrote:

I had a cutout left over from my kitchen project a couple years ago.
While doing other projects, I was weighing possible uses; tossing it
offended my sensibilities. The objective was to come up with a simple
application that did not require inordinate time to complete but that
would be useful.

More on my website at
http://mklange.cnc.net/SimpleDesk/SimpleDesk.html
Main page: http://mklange.cnc.net

Aww...

To quote the 4 or 5 Crazy Guys, it's cute and strong!

Like I said, the idea here was not to go for complex and elegant, but
something simple, strong, and durable. It will fill a need

Rob Leatham

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 12/22/2009 05:54 PM, Mark & Juanita wrote:

I had a cutout left over from my kitchen project a couple years ago.
While doing other projects, I was weighing possible uses; tossing it
offended my sensibilities. The objective was to come up with a simple
application that did not require inordinate time to complete but that would
be useful.

More on my website at http://mklange.cnc.net/SimpleDesk/SimpleDesk.html
Main page: http://mklange.cnc.net

Very nice Mark - an excellent use of cutoffs...

--
Kevin Miller - http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Juneau, Alaska

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Mark & Juanita wrote:
I had a cutout left over from my kitchen project a couple years ago.
While doing other projects, I was weighing possible uses; tossing it
offended my sensibilities. The objective was to come up with a simple
application that did not require inordinate time to complete but that
would be useful.

More on my website at
http://mklange.cnc.net/SimpleDesk/SimpleDesk.html Main page:
http://mklange.cnc.net

Makes me want to remodel the kitch just so I can get a sink cutout for a
desk or tabloe.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

jloomis wrote:

Simple, elegant, and useful.
john

Thanks

Rob Leatham

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
Mark & Juanita wrote:
I had a cutout left over from my kitchen project a couple
years ago.
While doing other projects, I was weighing possible uses;
tossing it
offended my sensibilities. The objective was to come up with a
simple
application that did not require inordinate time to complete
but that
would be useful.

More on my website at
http://mklange.cnc.net/SimpleDesk/SimpleDesk.html Main page:
http://mklange.cnc.net

Makes me want to remodel the kitch just so I can get a sink
cutout for a desk or tabloe.

That's a great looking desk, and anyone would be happy to claim
it. Seeing it, I'm like you and I'd love to build one if I had
the tools. Perhaps a variation would be to layer another piece of
plywood beneath the center part, fill it partially with thinset
mortar and place 12" marble, slate or granite tiles in the
opening. For writing, that could present a problem, but for other
uses it'd be fine. You could also visit a granite/marble
fabricator and I bet that they'd give you cutouts or pieces you
could use whole. They'd surely charge you to square the pieces
up, but it'd make a swell looking insert.

--
Nonny

and articulate person who has absolutely no clue
concerning what they are talking about.
The person is typically a media commentator or politician.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Mark & Juanita wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the compliments. The top here was not complicated, it is a
laminate top (Wilsonart), so it is well within the range of anyone with
woodworking tools if you don't want to go to the trouble of replacing your
countertops.

Rob Leatham

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Looks great Mark.. Nice simple lines.. One thing nice about the top is
you can put almost anything on there and not worry about it get stained
or scratched.. Should last a long time and still look good that way..

On 12/22/2009 6:54 PM, Mark & Juanita wrote:

I had a cutout left over from my kitchen project a couple years ago.
While doing other projects, I was weighing possible uses; tossing it
offended my sensibilities. The objective was to come up with a simple
application that did not require inordinate time to complete but that would
be useful.

More on my website athttp://mklange.cnc.net/SimpleDesk/SimpleDesk.html
Main page:http://mklange.cnc.net

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Jim Hall wrote:

Looks great Mark.. Nice simple lines.. One thing nice about the top is
you can put almost anything on there and not worry about it get stained
or scratched.. Should last a long time and still look good that way..

Thanks Jim. You are definitely right about the laminate top, especially
knowing that this piece is going to be used by a teenager over the coming
years.

On 12/22/2009 6:54 PM, Mark & Juanita wrote:

I had a cutout left over from my kitchen project a couple years ago.
While doing other projects, I was weighing possible uses; tossing it
offended my sensibilities. The objective was to come up with a simple
application that did not require inordinate time to complete but that
would be useful.

More on my website
athttp://mklange.cnc.net/SimpleDesk/SimpleDesk.html
Main page:http://mklange.cnc.net

Rob Leatham

Desk Jim Hall[_3_] Woodworking Plans and Photos 18 October 23rd 09 02:10 AM
help on building a small pole barn / small animal shelter coloradotrout Home Repair 9 January 20th 09 09:53 PM
desk Tim Taylor Woodworking 9 August 10th 06 01:54 AM
small gloat and small problem toller Woodworking 12 June 9th 05 04:10 AM