Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default oak bird cage

This was made just for the fun of it, and housed a wooden parrot,
most of the time. In anticipation of Finches or other small real
birds, there was a sliding base with raised edge that could be
pulled out to remove poop, feathers, seed and the other debris in
the bottom of a bird cage. The "bars" were clear monofilament
line, spaced 3/8" OC.

--
Nonny

and articulate person who has absolutely no clue
concerning what they are talking about.
The person is typically a media commentator or politician.

Attached Thumbnails
oak bird cage-mgt-birdcage2-jpg  oak bird cage-mgt-birdcage11-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Nonny" wrote in message
This was made just for the fun of it, and housed a wooden parrot,
most of the time. In anticipation of Finches or other small real
birds, there was a sliding base with raised edge that could be
pulled out to remove poop, feathers, seed and the other debris in
the bottom of a bird cage. The "bars" were clear monofilament
line, spaced 3/8" OC.

--

I notice the cat lurking about.

Does he anticipate a feathered meal?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Lee Michaels" wrote in
message ...

"Nonny" wrote in message
This was made just for the fun of it, and housed a wooden
parrot,
most of the time. In anticipation of Finches or other small
real
birds, there was a sliding base with raised edge that could be
pulled out to remove poop, feathers, seed and the other debris
in
the bottom of a bird cage. The "bars" were clear monofilament
line, spaced 3/8" OC.

--

I notice the cat lurking about.

Does he anticipate a feathered meal?

Ha: that's Sammy, the replacement for Old Spot, the prime actor
in the Spot's Tale story I posted. Old Spot was my shop cat and
was my companion for many years building things. Sammy had less
personality than Old Spot, except when it came to the air hose.

I had a compressor in one of the LL garages, with air piped to
several locations in my shop. Wow, was that ever handy. Anyway,
Sammy would stalk me when I'd be fiddling around in the shop, but
it was usually from the door leading to the stairs to the main
floor. He loved it when I'd get the air hose out and would walk
toward him. He would retreat slowly to the stairs, turn and start
up as slowly as an old arthritic dog might. From about 5', I'd
shoot him in the rump with the air hose and he'd go up the steps
so fast that he'd literally arch 2' or more into the air when he'd
reach the top step.

Within a couple minutes, Sammy would come back down to his door
and would meow if I'd not squirt him with the hose again. We'd do
this for an hour or more at a time.

--
Nonny

and articulate person who has absolutely no clue
concerning what they are talking about.
The person is typically a media commentator or politician.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Boy, Nonny, you have built so many nice pieces of furniture.. Enjoy
looking at them.. Now the question is have you run out of room in the
house for anything new..? -Jim

On 12/20/2009 8:29 PM, Nonny wrote:
This was made just for the fun of it, and housed a wooden parrot, most
of the time. In anticipation of Finches or other small real birds, there
was a sliding base with raised edge that could be pulled out to remove
poop, feathers, seed and the other debris in the bottom of a bird cage.
The "bars" were clear monofilament line, spaced 3/8" OC.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Jim Hall" wrote in message
. ..
Boy, Nonny, you have built so many nice pieces of furniture..
Enjoy looking at them.. Now the question is have you run out of
room in the house for anything new..? -Jim

Ha- yes, I now have lots of room for more. grin

--
Nonny

and articulate person who has absolutely no clue
concerning what they are talking about.
The person is typically a media commentator or politician.

"Bird Cage" Revisited Jim Thompson Electronic Schematics 29 March 8th 09 01:30 AM
HOSPITAL CAGE J T Woodworking 0 May 11th 07 01:29 PM
RSPB as a ProHunt group coming out of the closet Do Bird Reserves and Fox Hounds Mix? Help stop fox hunting on the RSPB's bird reserves Phil L UK diy 1 March 23rd 07 10:08 AM
GROTTO-STYLE CAGE J T Woodworking 0 August 17th 05 12:56 AM
CANARY CAGE J T Woodworking 0 February 26th 05 06:41 AM