Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Nonny Nonny is offline

Default oak bird cage

"Lee Michaels" wrote in
message ...

"Nonny" wrote in message
This was made just for the fun of it, and housed a wooden
parrot,
most of the time. In anticipation of Finches or other small
real
birds, there was a sliding base with raised edge that could be
pulled out to remove poop, feathers, seed and the other debris
in
the bottom of a bird cage. The "bars" were clear monofilament
line, spaced 3/8" OC.

--

I notice the cat lurking about.

Does he anticipate a feathered meal?

Ha: that's Sammy, the replacement for Old Spot, the prime actor
in the Spot's Tale story I posted. Old Spot was my shop cat and
was my companion for many years building things. Sammy had less
personality than Old Spot, except when it came to the air hose.

I had a compressor in one of the LL garages, with air piped to
several locations in my shop. Wow, was that ever handy. Anyway,
Sammy would stalk me when I'd be fiddling around in the shop, but
it was usually from the door leading to the stairs to the main
floor. He loved it when I'd get the air hose out and would walk
toward him. He would retreat slowly to the stairs, turn and start
up as slowly as an old arthritic dog might. From about 5', I'd
shoot him in the rump with the air hose and he'd go up the steps
so fast that he'd literally arch 2' or more into the air when he'd
reach the top step.

Within a couple minutes, Sammy would come back down to his door
and would meow if I'd not squirt him with the hose again. We'd do
this for an hour or more at a time.

--
Nonny

and articulate person who has absolutely no clue
concerning what they are talking about.
The person is typically a media commentator or politician.