Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default off topic question

My wife and I order online from various places.
We order gifts for us or family and friends.
I order woodworking stuff, pen blanks, etc.
She orders clothes, sewing supplies, etc.

Recently we ordered something and was charged sales tax.
I looked back at several of our other orders and none of them had
sales tax. All had shipping and handling unless it was a promotional
special with free shipping.......but none of them had sales tax.

I thought this was one of the things the states were complaining about
that they were losing sales tax on online orders.

Anyone know what is the law on this?

George (aka Bumhead)

off topic computer question Stormin Mormon Home Repair 39 July 30th 09 04:36 PM
Off Topic Electrical Question Frank Boettcher Woodworking 8 November 14th 07 06:19 PM
off topic question a34655 Woodworking 21 March 12th 07 08:54 AM
Trivial question but it's On Topic! James \Cubby\ Culbertson Woodworking 8 April 2nd 06 05:24 PM
Way off topic question B.B. Metalworking 131 February 8th 06 06:23 AM