Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Fluted Legs

This is a job I had 4 or 5 years ago. Heavy table. Fluted legs.

Attached Thumbnails
Fluted Legs-mengers-butcher-block-table-0011-medium-jpg  Fluted Legs-mengers-butcher-block-table-0020-medium-jpg  Fluted Legs-mengers-butcher-block-table-0023-medium-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Nice - simple and elegant. I would have hated painting over the nice wood
of the legs but it does look good.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Robert Haar" wrote in message
Nice - simple and elegant. I would have hated painting over the nice wood
of the legs but it does look good.

Thank you

That is not paint, well, it is, 2 coats of black milk paint and 3 coats of
varnish to give it a satin finish. LOL

My customer wanted that look, she wanted to see the grain telegraph through.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Nice job Leon! I like the staggered look of the flutes at the top.

Brian
--
www.garagewoodworks.com

--

"Leon" wrote in message
This is a job I had 4 or 5 years ago. Heavy table. Fluted legs.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Did you flute these at the table or handheld?

--
www.garagewoodworks.com

--

"Leon" wrote in message
This is a job I had 4 or 5 years ago. Heavy table. Fluted legs.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 16:10:03 -0600, the infamous "Leon"
scrawled the following:

This is a job I had 4 or 5 years ago. Heavy table. Fluted legs.

Man, that thing got dirty in that short time. Clean those legs, huh?

Nice top.

--
We have too many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond
with them. -- Abigail Adams, letter to John Adams, 1774
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Leon wrote:

This is a job I had 4 or 5 years ago. Heavy table. Fluted legs.

That looks like a massive project. Nice job

Rob Leatham
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

That table is massive..! Must have functioned as a kitchen island.. But
those poor little feet.. They have their work cut out for themselves..
Amazing how something as simple as fluting can soften, add texture and
improve the look of what otherwise would be boring wide straight legs..
Nice work.. as usual..

"Leon" wrote in message
This is a job I had 4 or 5 years ago. Heavy table. Fluted legs.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"GarageWoodworks" b@b wrote in message
et...
Did you flute these at the table or handheld?

I did them on the router table. I began on the bottoms and used a reference
mark on the leg and fence to know where to stop at the top

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 16:10:03 -0600, the infamous "Leon"
scrawled the following:

This is a job I had 4 or 5 years ago. Heavy table. Fluted legs.

Man, that thing got dirty in that short time. Clean those legs, huh?

Nice top.

The top was about 200 lbs IIRC.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
m...
Leon wrote:

This is a job I had 4 or 5 years ago. Heavy table. Fluted legs.

That looks like a massive project. Nice job

LOL. Lots of heavy lifting. Thanks.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Jim Hall" wrote in message
. ..
That table is massive..! Must have functioned as a kitchen island.. But
those poor little feet.. They have their work cut out for themselves..
Amazing how something as simple as fluting can soften, add texture and
improve the look of what otherwise would be boring wide straight legs..
Nice work.. as usual..

Thank you.

The table top is 36" high, kitchen counter height. I don't recall this
being the rage at the time but it is now pretty common to see kitchen area
tables this high. It's intended use is an eating area but as you mentioned
it would make a great work area also. IIRC the feet are as wide as the
legs, I think the black legs makes the bun feet look some what smaller.
They don't look quite so small on the bottom picture where the legs are
still the same color and as usual when you view square legs from an angle
they look more massive. The top is 42" square and there was only 29"
ckearabce between the legs. The customer did not want the feet to protrude
so that they would not get scared up from the chairs.

Had this been intended simply as a work island larger bun feet would have
the way to go I think.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 07:40:18 -0600, the infamous "Leon"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 16:10:03 -0600, the infamous "Leon"
scrawled the following:

This is a job I had 4 or 5 years ago. Heavy table. Fluted legs.

Man, that thing got dirty in that short time. Clean those legs, huh?

Nice top.

The top was about 200 lbs IIRC.

You could easily and safely bonk the old lady on that, huh? You're
wiser than you look, Leon.

--
We have too many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond
with them. -- Abigail Adams, letter to John Adams, 1774
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

This is a job I had 4 or 5 years ago. Heavy table. Fluted legs.
Leon

Very nice table. It looks heavy and solid. I like solid furniture
with simple lines. Wish I had room for a table like that.
`Casper

pen legs Troy Woodturning 5 October 6th 06 03:55 AM
Single fluted straight router bits? toller Woodworking 7 April 22nd 05 07:21 PM
fluted dowel plate John Laurence Poole Woodworking 4 April 1st 04 06:09 PM
LEGS Arra Movsesien Home Repair 0 July 27th 03 01:59 AM