Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Remodel just finished

Turned an old "chicken coop wood storage, lawnmower room" - into an office
with bathroom.

Tough job, floor was all rough and uneven.....put an 1 1/2" layer of new
concrete on it, with selffurring mesh, fiber mesh in mix/6 sack-grout mix
concrete/concrete additive-latex. All wall were out of plumb and room went
from 14 ft to 14' 2" All new window, new bathroom, coffee bar, and
insulated. No collar ties in building and re-inforced structure....

New ceiling, wainscott, and shtrock.....
I did not choose wall color......

jloomis

Attached Thumbnails
Remodel just finished-rods-office-south-imgp5538-jpg  Remodel just finished-rods-office-imgp5537-jpg

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Turned an old "chicken coop wood storage, lawnmower room" - into an office
with bathroom.

Tough job, floor was all rough and uneven.....put an 1 1/2" layer of new
concrete on it, with selffurring mesh, fiber mesh in mix/6 sack-grout mix
concrete/concrete additive-latex. All wall were out of plumb and room went
from 14 ft to 14' 2" All new window, new bathroom, coffee bar, and
insulated. No collar ties in building and re-inforced structure....

New ceiling, wainscott, and shtrock.....
I did not choose wall color......

jloomis

Very impressive. I especially like the wood walls and unusual ceiling
beams. They caught my eye right off. Hope you enjoy it forever!
`Casper

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

New idea......Owner liked seeing the rough framing......hum.....so I decided
to run with it.
I will probably do more.......with a little better concept in mind...
jloomis
"Timothy Drouillard" wrote in message
Interesting ceiling.

"jloomis" wrote in message
Turned an old "chicken coop wood storage, lawnmower room" - into an
office with bathroom.

Tough job, floor was all rough and uneven.....put an 1 1/2" layer of new
concrete on it, with selffurring mesh, fiber mesh in mix/6 sack-grout mix
concrete/concrete additive-latex. All wall were out of plumb and room
went from 14 ft to 14' 2" All new window, new bathroom, coffee bar, and
insulated. No collar ties in building and re-inforced structure....

New ceiling, wainscott, and shtrock.....
I did not choose wall color......

jloomis

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"jloomis" wrote in message
Its for a client.....I hope they will enjoy it. I gave it a nautical
theme....

That worked well, you shooting for the nautical theme. I instantly thought
it looked kinda boat'y. ;~) Nicely executed.

Can you explain the middle sections of the walls that appear to be painted
black?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

A nice sheet rock touch that the owner, talking with the painter, painted
it tomatoe dark red.......yuck!
I could not believe that!
One thing I do not do on a job.....pick color or wash windows.......
It would have been very nice with a lighter eggshell or.......but oh no,
gotta go red with a gold wash........
sob......

jloomis
"Leon" wrote in message

"jloomis" wrote in message
Its for a client.....I hope they will enjoy it. I gave it a nautical
theme....

That worked well, you shooting for the nautical theme. I instantly
thought it looked kinda boat'y. ;~) Nicely executed.

Can you explain the middle sections of the walls that appear to be painted
black?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"jloomis" wrote in message
A nice sheet rock touch that the owner, talking with the painter, painted
it tomatoe dark red.......yuck!
I could not believe that!
One thing I do not do on a job.....pick color or wash windows.......
It would have been very nice with a lighter eggshell or.......but oh no,
gotta go red with a gold wash........
sob......

Reminds me of those "bad color" jokes. As in, "How do you know that a house
(or room) is painted a bad color?"

I don't remember very many answers. Here is a couple.

When people begin to vomit when driving by.

People scream and grab their eyes in pain.

People begin to cry when they see it.

Birds gather to poop on it.

Strange, demented people approve of it.

Etc., etc.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Lee Michaels wrote:

Reminds me of those "bad color" jokes. As in, "How do you know that a house
(or room) is painted a bad color?"

I don't remember very many answers. Here is a couple.

When people begin to vomit when driving by.

People scream and grab their eyes in pain.

People begin to cry when they see it.

Birds gather to poop on it.

Strange, demented people approve of it.

Thanks ... good reference for me ... always wondered why folks, cried,
screamed, vomited and grabbed their eyes in pain when seeing the tie,
socks and shirt I had decided upon that morning.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

jloomis wrote:

Turned an old "chicken coop wood storage, lawnmower room" - into an office
with bathroom.

Not bad for an old chicken coop. You do good work.

.... snip
New ceiling, wainscott, and shtrock.....
I did not choose wall color......

Good disclaimer. :-)

jloomis

Where are you located?

Remodel apartment HeyBub Home Repair 0 September 29th 07 04:15 PM
Bathroom remodel finished [email protected] Home Repair 8 July 20th 07 04:27 AM
Bathroom remodel [email protected] Home Repair 1 July 19th 07 02:43 PM
remodel? m Ransley Home Repair 10 December 21st 05 06:45 PM
New shop open, my first workbench is finished, just not finished... JC Woodworking 8 May 31st 05 02:02 AM