Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Segmented Lighthouse 2 of 2

Here's a few more pics of the lighthouse...

....Kevin

Attached Thumbnails
Segmented Lighthouse 2 of 2-img_6172-jpg  Segmented Lighthouse 2 of 2-img_6173-jpg  Segmented Lighthouse 2 of 2-img_6174-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Kevin Miller" wrote in message
Here's a few more pics of the lighthouse...

...Kevin

Nice work but I must not know what a lighthouse is? What comes to mind for
me is a tall building built near the shore with a large light spinning to
warn boats of the shore?

Can you explain what this is?

Thanks, Rich

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Hi Kevin,
I have the same question. what is a semented lighthouse?
jloomis
"Kevin Miller" wrote in message
Here's a few more pics of the lighthouse...

...Kevin

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Kevin Miller wrote:
Here's a few more pics of the lighthouse...

The lighthouses where you are aren't much like the lighthouses in Iowa!

(wait a minute - I need to think about that...)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message
Kevin Miller wrote:
Here's a few more pics of the lighthouse...

The lighthouses where you are aren't much like the lighthouses in Iowa!

(wait a minute - I need to think about that...)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USA
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/

There must be one at least on the Mississppi, warning of a sandbar?

LOL

Rich

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Rich wrote:

Nice work but I must not know what a lighthouse is? What comes to mind for
me is a tall building built near the shore with a large light spinning to
warn boats of the shore?

Can you explain what this is?

Yeah, it's a loom. Guess I got my folders mixed up when I posted. I'll
try to get the actual lighthouse pictures up later tonight. Some days
you just have to grin and bear it...

....Kevin
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sun, 04 Jan 2009 22:29:19 -0600, Dave Balderstone
wrote:

In article , Kevin Miller
wrote:

Here's a few more pics of the lighthouse...

If you're gonna post the wrong pics, couldn't they at least be nekkid
pix of your wife and/or girlfriend?

I mean, geez...

Hey, no lighthouse in sight but I did see some nice turning blanks !
Or maybe that's one of them mid-west lighthouses ? Here in Maine our
lighthouses look like this ...
http://picasaweb.google.com/toolmanl...41415928270882

Lenny
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

wrote in message
On Sun, 04 Jan 2009 22:29:19 -0600, Dave Balderstone
wrote:

In article , Kevin Miller
wrote:

Here's a few more pics of the lighthouse...

If you're gonna post the wrong pics, couldn't they at least be nekkid
pix of your wife and/or girlfriend?

I mean, geez...

Hey, no lighthouse in sight but I did see some nice turning blanks !
Or maybe that's one of them mid-west lighthouses ? Here in Maine our
lighthouses look like this ...
http://picasaweb.google.com/toolmanl...41415928270882

Lenny

Well here's one those mid-western light houses. Taken from lake Michigan
looking toward Chicago:

http://tinyurl.com/7gu79b

Rich

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Rich wrote:
wrote in message
On Sun, 04 Jan 2009 22:29:19 -0600, Dave Balderstone
wrote:

In article , Kevin Miller
wrote:

Here's a few more pics of the lighthouse...
If you're gonna post the wrong pics, couldn't they at least be nekkid
pix of your wife and/or girlfriend?

I mean, geez...

Hey, no lighthouse in sight but I did see some nice turning blanks !
Or maybe that's one of them mid-west lighthouses ? Here in Maine our
lighthouses look like this ...
http://picasaweb.google.com/toolmanl...41415928270882

Lenny

Well here's one those mid-western light houses. Taken from lake Michigan
looking toward Chicago:

http://tinyurl.com/7gu79b

Rich

Here's one all lit up in Western Washington. You can see it from way
over the horizon!

Attached Thumbnails
Segmented Lighthouse 2 of 2-r0010172-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Make me homesick. Born in Bluehill. Now living in Seattle.

Here in Maine our
lighthouses look like this ...
http://picasaweb.google.com/toolmanl...41415928270882

Lenny

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I can see that one from my living room window.

"Doug Winterburn" wrote in message
Here's one all lit up in Western Washington. You can see it from way
over the horizon!

----

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

jloomis wrote:
Hi Kevin,
I have the same question. what is a semented lighthouse?

A light house using segmented construction (lathe work) where multiple
trapezoidal segments are glued up in a ring, then stacked. I posted the
proper photos tonight. It'll make more sense when you see them...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Dave Balderstone wrote:
In article , Kevin Miller
wrote:

Here's a few more pics of the lighthouse...

If you're gonna post the wrong pics, couldn't they at least be nekkid
pix of your wife and/or girlfriend?

I mean, geez...

Um, no. Don't got any of those. Who needs photos when you have the
real thing right there? g Speaking of which, it is getting late.
Nudge nudge, wink wink...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Juneau, Alaska
Registered Linux User No: 307357, http://counter.li.org
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 00:31:06 -0800, "CW" wrote:

Make me homesick. Born in Bluehill. Now living in Seattle.

Here in Maine our
lighthouses look like this ...
http://picasaweb.google.com/toolmanl...41415928270882

Lenny

How long ago did you live in Blue Hill ? and for how long?

Searsport here. Took that photo while on a whale watching trip out of
Bar Harbor. Wouldn't want the job of lighthouse keeper on that one
..... 25 miles out.

Lenny
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Kevin Miller" wrote in message
mmunications
Rich wrote:

Nice work but I must not know what a lighthouse is? What comes to
mind for me is a tall building built near the shore with a large
light spinning to warn boats of the shore?

Can you explain what this is?

Yeah, it's a loom. Guess I got my folders mixed up when I posted.
I'll try to get the actual lighthouse pictures up later tonight.
Some days you just have to grin and bear it...

Reminds me of the Monty Python sketch where management asked for an
apartment building and the architect gave them an abattoir.

zero, and remove the last word.

Segmented lighthouse 1 of 2 Kevin Miller[_2_] Woodworking Plans and Photos 2 January 5th 09 05:42 PM
Segmented/Stave Lighthouse... Kevin Miller Woodturning 7 December 20th 05 03:54 AM
PAY - Lighthouse J T Woodworking 0 January 21st 05 09:14 PM
REQ: Lawn Lighthouse plans Mike Woodworking 0 November 1st 04 04:53 AM
Lighthouse Mortage -- Selling Loan During Refinance Stage? Google Mike Home Ownership 1 March 23rd 04 04:37 PM