Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default OT - Done!

The nagging has stopped and the quiet is deafening.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Attached Thumbnails
OT - Done!-done-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Morris Dovey" wrote

The nagging has stopped and the quiet is deafening.

A new solar collector?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 10:23:33 -0600, Morris Dovey wrote:

The nagging has stopped and the quiet is deafening.

Good job, Morris!
Can we get a "lit at night" picture, if she lets you live that long?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Morris Dovey" wrote

The nagging has stopped and the quiet is deafening.

ROTFL ... what's (gonna be) in your stocking!?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Morris Dovey wrote:

The nagging has stopped and the quiet is deafening.

Nice, want to come do mine? :-)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Paul Fisher wrote:

I would hve responded sooner, but I can not type and laugh at the same time,
well done

It's not really my home. The photo came from my sister (and it's not her
home either) but I thought readers here might enjoy imagining how frosty
it must be /indoors/ at 807.

(Our lights aren't up yet, and I haven't even been reminded.)

Glad you enjoyed. Happy Saturday!

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Poor *******. The nagging NEVER stops.

B.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Recent Projects

Here are three recently completed projects. A small spalted maple box from
part of a sidewalk maple tree cut down by the City of Seattle last summer, a
lap and dowel jointed, red oak quilt frame for my wife's birthday, and a
shaker style 5-drawer cabinet/table for our entry made out of cherry, with
walnut drawer pulls, red leaf tiger maple drawer sides and Tennessee red
cedar bottoms.. Fun projects..

Attached Thumbnails
OT - Done!-quilt-rack-jpg  OT - Done!-shaker-style-cabinet1-jpg  OT - Done!-shaker-style-cabinet2-jpg  OT - Done!-spaulted-maple-box-2-jpg

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Great job on all accounts ! I've always like the shaker style and that
table is a fine example. Would love to get my hands on some spalted
maple myself,... beautiful !

Lenny

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 15:25:44 -0800, "Jim Hall"
wrote:

Here are three recently completed projects. A small spalted maple box from
part of a sidewalk maple tree cut down by the City of Seattle last summer, a
lap and dowel jointed, red oak quilt frame for my wife's birthday, and a
shaker style 5-drawer cabinet/table for our entry made out of cherry, with
walnut drawer pulls, red leaf tiger maple drawer sides and Tennessee red
cedar bottoms.. Fun projects..

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Thank you.. Regarding the spalted maple. I was up visiting my daughter in
Seattle and several spalted trees had been cut down into firewood rounds by
the city. The rounds were scattered along several residential sidewalks. I
couldn't resist taking one of them for myself. As I did so, a women in a
second story apartment, opened her window and bemoaned how she enjoyed those
trees so much and was saddened by their removal. That sort of stuck in my
mind. So the first thing I did when the wood was dry enough was build this
wooden box out of a center fletch and give it to my daughter so that at
least a little of that tree remained in Seattle and became something more
the firewood..