Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default 18th Century Pipe Boxes

Loni Bird's design from FWW.
Home Depot tiger maple.
Horton Brasses knob.
Custom dye mix and 5 coats of Minwax wipe on poly.

These are a bit bigger than a period box.
I think these are going on eBay or Etsy.
Not sure what to charge for them yet.
--
Kevin

lindo745 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Attached Thumbnails
18th Century Pipe Boxes-drawersopen-jpg  18th Century Pipe Boxes-finished-front-jpg  18th Century Pipe Boxes-finished-front2-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default 18th Century Pipe Boxes..opps

Sorry about the large pic.
--
Kevin

lindo745 (at) yahoo (dot) com
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Kevin" wrote in message
news
Loni Bird's design from FWW.
Home Depot tiger maple.
Horton Brasses knob.
Custom dye mix and 5 coats of Minwax wipe on poly.

These are a bit bigger than a period box.
I think these are going on eBay or Etsy.
Not sure what to charge for them yet.
--

Home Depot Tiger Maple??????

It certainly wasn't intentional on their part.

Looks good. These would be perfect in the right setting.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Lee Michaels wrote:

Home Depot Tiger Maple??????

It certainly wasn't intentional on their part.

Looks good. These would be perfect in the right setting.

You bet it's not their intention Lee.
They have no idea what's in their maple bin.
I'm guessing they buy so much of it there's never enough time to grade it.

--
Kevin

lindo745 (at) yahoo (dot) com
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Kevin" wrote in message
. ..
Lee Michaels wrote:

Home Depot Tiger Maple??????

It certainly wasn't intentional on their part.

Looks good. These would be perfect in the right setting.

You bet it's not their intention Lee.
They have no idea what's in their maple bin.
I'm guessing they buy so much of it there's never enough time to grade it.

--
Kevin

lindo745 (at) yahoo (dot) c

Well now you need to get some clay and make some pipes, you know the ones
with the long stems. I recently made a desk out of curley Maple and found it
is practically impossible to grain match it so full width boards are
essential. I tried a new ,at least to me ,finish .I sanded it out and used
lindseed oil to pull the grain out,leaving it on for at least a couple of
hours.,then wiping it off. then let it dry for a day . then I found a sealer
"Zinseer [sp?] sealer" and shot 2 coats of it and let dry and sanding
between coats .then I shot it with regular sealer and then laquer.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Kevin wrote in
:

Lee Michaels wrote:

Home Depot Tiger Maple??????
It certainly wasn't intentional on their part.

You bet it's not their intention Lee.
They have no idea what's in their maple bin.
I'm guessing they buy so much of it there's never enough time to grade
it.

Good grief. thinking 12 Home Depots in 1.5 hour distance, probably with
as much of a clue s that one...

And I didn't think I was going anywhere this weekend. Thanks.

Authentic Reproduction 18th Century Wood Lathe John Woodturning 14 January 8th 07 04:20 AM
18th century finish [email protected] Woodworking 6 December 3rd 06 02:55 AM
18th century finish J T Woodworking 1 November 29th 06 12:32 PM
18th Century French furniture exhibit at the Getty Center, Los Angeles Layne Woodworking 0 August 28th 05 04:17 PM