Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Paint-grade work

Not exactly fine woodworking, but IMO any smattering of pine, oak ash and
cherry deserves a posting.

I've been remodeling my bedroom with a complete tear out the walls and
windows approach. I was able to rescued the pine floor from beneath layers
of carpet and brown paint (yes they painted the floor)

The moldings are pine, custom milled locally, to match the rest of the
house.

The window seat is not my design. I rebuilt it almost exactly as it was
before. A mishmash of leftover wood from my stash was used: maple(stiles),
oak (seat), Cherry (bullnose) and recycled plywood (panels).

The door is ash with cherry panels. The cherry is crap-grade that I got on
the cheap so I do not feel at all bad about intending to paint it. This shot
is just a dry-fit I still have to fill a couple of spots and pre-paint the
panels.

Sorry Swing, just a single tenon. Originally I was going to make it 1-3/8
thick with 1/2" panels, but after milling the main stiles and witnessing
their heft, I decided that 1-1/4" with 3/8" panels would be adequate. It's
an undersized door (28"x80") and it still weighs about 80 lbs.

Thanks for looking,

-Steve

Attached Thumbnails
Paint-grade work-beforejpg-jpg  Paint-grade work-4-jpg  Paint-grade work-5-jpg  Paint-grade work-2008_0713etc0007-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"C & S" wrote in message
Not exactly fine woodworking, but IMO any smattering of pine, oak ash and
cherry deserves a posting.

I've been remodeling my bedroom with a complete tear out the walls and
windows approach. I was able to rescued the pine floor from beneath layers
of carpet and brown paint (yes they painted the floor)

Thanks for looking,

-Steve

Nice work, Steve. The floor looks great. Are you putting brown paint back
on it or changing the color?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Very nice, how old is the house?

--