Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Toy chest for a new addition to the family

We just got news that after a year of trying to adopt (and many more trying
the "usual" way) we're getting a baby who's due in a couple weeks. Anybody
got pix of toy chests that they're particularly proud of that they're
willing to share? (see how optimistic I am - new baby coming and I still
think I'll somehow find time to spend in the shop . . . ! )

Victor

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

CONGRATULATIONS!
By the time I've read this, your little one may have arrived.

A boy, or a girl? Care to share a photo?

The great part is not only to you have the little one, but all of that
"trying" can be for FUN now, instead an effort *wink*
Provided you get enough sleep.

Kate

"Victor De Long" wrote in message
news We just got news that after a year of trying to adopt (and many more trying
the "usual" way) we're getting a baby who's due in a couple weeks. Anybody
got pix of toy chests that they're particularly proud of that they're
willing to share? (see how optimistic I am - new baby coming and I still
think I'll somehow find time to spend in the shop . . . ! )

Victor

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

We've pretty much given up on the idea of sleep for the next - what - like
18 years?

He's due May 4. Ours is the less common type of adding to the family, in
that we're flying across the country to pick him up. We've been in the
adoption process for a year and just found out right before my first post
that we've been chosen. So at this point, we could get the call any day
that the birth mom is in labor, and have to hop on a plane!

"Kate" wrote in message
. ..
CONGRATULATIONS!
By the time I've read this, your little one may have arrived.

A boy, or a girl? Care to share a photo?

The great part is not only to you have the little one, but all of that
"trying" can be for FUN now, instead an effort *wink*
Provided you get enough sleep.

Kate

"Victor De Long" wrote in message
news We just got news that after a year of trying to adopt (and many more
trying
the "usual" way) we're getting a baby who's due in a couple weeks.
Anybody
got pix of toy chests that they're particularly proud of that they're
willing to share? (see how optimistic I am - new baby coming and I still
think I'll somehow find time to spend in the shop . . . ! )

Victor

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I'm really excited for you, I hope that you will share some photos with us
(me)
Congrats again Vic, I'll bet that you and your sweetie are on pins and
needles.

All the best to you, your bride and your little one!

K.

"Victor De Long" wrote in message
We've pretty much given up on the idea of sleep for the next - what - like
18 years?

He's due May 4. Ours is the less common type of adding to the family, in
that we're flying across the country to pick him up. We've been in the
adoption process for a year and just found out right before my first post
that we've been chosen. So at this point, we could get the call any day
that the birth mom is in labor, and have to hop on a plane!

"Kate" wrote in message
. ..
CONGRATULATIONS!
By the time I've read this, your little one may have arrived.

A boy, or a girl? Care to share a photo?

The great part is not only to you have the little one, but all of that
"trying" can be for FUN now, instead an effort *wink*
Provided you get enough sleep.

Kate

"Victor De Long" wrote in message
news We just got news that after a year of trying to adopt (and many more
trying
the "usual" way) we're getting a baby who's due in a couple weeks.
Anybody
got pix of toy chests that they're particularly proud of that they're
willing to share? (see how optimistic I am - new baby coming and I still
think I'll somehow find time to spend in the shop . . . ! )

Victor

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

OH!
And ON topic, with my children I found a few things in a toy chest that are
important:
1) It must be roomy, but not too deep
2) It must be big enought to hide in, but not get lost in.
3) It must be big enough to sit on, and to park your favorite cars and
trucks on.
4) It must be STURDY and heavy at the bottom so it will not tip when little
ones use it to jump off of while they are playing Super Guy
5) It should have a cutout under/around where the top closes so that it will
not pinch little fingers
6) It should be finished something non toxic that can be washed, often
7) If it has a back, it can double as a chair when he gets old enough to
have friends over and then later maybe even used in his own home.

Here is a design similar to one I once had for my daughter.
http://www.hancowoodproducts.com/fur...ENCH_CHEST.jpg

I think her father still has it in his house somewhere in a guest room.
The one in this photo doesn't have the finger cutout.
I suppose it isn't a MUST but it is much safer.

Kate

Main panel to main panel wiring in converting multi-family to single family dwelling [email protected] Home Repair 6 November 10th 06 02:18 AM
FAMILY GAME BOX J T Woodworking 0 October 28th 06 02:30 AM
Family needs help... [email protected] Home Ownership 4 August 14th 05 08:51 PM
Family Handyman #34 (12/02)? werlax Woodworking 4 April 28th 04 01:15 PM