Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Tsaw/Jointer Bench

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com

Attached Thumbnails
Tsaw/Jointer Bench-dcp_2132-jpg  Tsaw/Jointer Bench-dcp_2129-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

In article ,
Jack Stein wrote:

Small comment about your dust collection arrangement. If you made the
section coming out the top of the cannister from rigid, larger diameter
stovepipe, it should increase the amount of stuff that stays in the
cannister, by reducing the velocity in that section.

If you can bear it, make some belt guards, too.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Ecnerwal wrote:

Small comment about your dust collection arrangement. If you made the
section coming out the top of the cannister from rigid, larger diameter
stovepipe, it should increase the amount of stuff that stays in the
cannister, by reducing the velocity in that section.

That would be true if I had a lot of velocity to begin with:-) I have
an old Delta dust collector and it is pretty weak by dust collection
standards. I have elbows in the drum that spin the dust around in a
cyclonic motion and this combined with the under powered collector works
pretty good. I get only very fine dust in the collector itself. I use
the 4" flexible hose so I can move the drum easily when needed. All my
tools can hook into this thing but I keep the Table saw, Jointer and
sander hooked up all the time.

If you can bear it, make some belt guards, too.

I'm thinking about that. Haven't come up with a good design thats easy
to make and looks decent. I made this bench so I can set stuff between
the saw and jointer, so I really need to get going on a guard. Any ideas?

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

In article ,
Jack Stein wrote:

I'm thinking about that. Haven't come up with a good design thats easy
to make and looks decent. I made this bench so I can set stuff between
the saw and jointer, so I really need to get going on a guard. Any ideas?

Masonite and pine. For a spiffy look, melamine faced masonite, and then
belt-sand the corners to a bit of a bevel. Or belt sand to smooth and
paint. Nail the Masonite onto the pine, arrange some screws to hold the
guard in place. Cut slots as needed to fit over shaft(s)

Horrible ascii art:

|XXXXXPINEXXXXXXX|
| |
| \_/ |
| P |
| u |
| l |
| l |
| e |
| ==Shaft========
| u |
| l |
| l |
| e |
| y |
|BL | /-\ |
|OCK| |
Benchtop----------------------

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Lee Lee is offline

Very nice Jack but!! is that an open frame motor?? They(open frame motors)
love to collect dust and start fire.
"Jack Stein" wrote in message
Ecnerwal wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Lee wrote:

Very nice Jack but!! is that an open frame motor?? They(open frame motors)
love to collect dust and start fire.

Yeah, but it's been collecting dust since around 1956 and came with the
jointer when bought from Delta. I guess I could sue them when the house
burns down:-)

"Jack Stein" wrote in message

Ecnerwal wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Ecnerwal wrote:

If you can bear it, make some belt guards, too.

OK, I made a belt guard for the jointer...

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com

Attached Thumbnails