Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default new use for old lathe (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
new use for old lathe (1/1)-mandy-jet01-jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mandy-jet02.jpg (42.0 KB, 51 views)
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Great looking cat!
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

What does s/he use the shavings pile for?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

George wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message

What does s/he use the shavings pile for?

Same thing mine does I suspect... I hate sweeping up a pile of shavings
and having a warm wet surprise in there.
Cats aren't allowed in my shop, but they get in anyway.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"DS" wrote in message
George wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message

What does s/he use the shavings pile for?

Same thing mine does I suspect... I hate sweeping up a pile of shavings
and having a warm wet surprise in there.
Cats aren't allowed in my shop, but they get in anyway.

Reminds me of the neighbor who built this beautiful sandbox in his backyard.
I leaned over the fence and told him that he should build a cover of some
kind to prevent the local cats from using it as a litter box. He announced
that there would be no such problem since he had no cats. I knew that
further words would be wasted.

I watched him carry many bags of pure white designer sand to fill it. He
invited some kids over for a party and a good time was had by all.

A week later he was cussing and building a cover for it. He did not know
that they would cover it up. And when his small daughter found a deposit and
brought it into the house for show and tell, the wrath of momma was brought
to bear.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 14:05:59 -0500, B A R R Y wrote:

mac davis wrote:

Great looking cat!

That's Mandy, one of 5...
She's about 9 months old..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 19:16:16 GMT, "George" wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message
.. .

What does s/he use the shavings pile for?

I wish....
These cats only use high-grade stuff.. "clumping" or something??

Even the 2 cats that we brought down, that used to be mainly outside cats, come
INSIDE to use the damn box when there's hundreds of acres of sand outside..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 20:02:19 GMT, DS wrote:

George wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message

What does s/he use the shavings pile for?

Same thing mine does I suspect... I hate sweeping up a pile of shavings
and having a warm wet surprise in there.
Cats aren't allowed in my shop, but they get in anyway.

I can't leave shaving out...
If the damn dog doesn't wet them down, the cats think it's cool to scatter them
all over the shop and themselves..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"mac davis" wrote in message

What does s/he use the shavings pile for?

I wish....
These cats only use high-grade stuff.. "clumping" or something??

Even the 2 cats that we brought down, that used to be mainly outside cats, come
INSIDE to use the damn box when there's hundreds of acres of sand outside..

Everything about the typical cat's demeanor suggests they consider
themselves the most cultured creatures in the house...
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"mac davis" wrote in message

What does s/he use the shavings pile for?

I wish....
These cats only use high-grade stuff.. "clumping" or something??

Even the 2 cats that we brought down, that used to be mainly outside
cats, come
INSIDE to use the damn box when there's hundreds of acres of sand
outside..

Everything about the typical cat's demeanor suggests they consider
themselves the most cultured creatures in the house...

One of the most meaningful prayers I have ever heard was "Lord, help me to
become half the man my dog thinks I am." Never heard one similar for cats.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

"George" wrote in message
. net...

"mac davis" wrote in message

What does s/he use the shavings pile for?

I wish....
These cats only use high-grade stuff.. "clumping" or something??

Even the 2 cats that we brought down, that used to be mainly outside
cats, come
INSIDE to use the damn box when there's hundreds of acres of sand
outside..

Everything about the typical cat's demeanor suggests they consider
themselves the most cultured creatures in the house...

One of the most meaningful prayers I have ever heard was "Lord, help me to
become half the man my dog thinks I am." Never heard one similar for
cats.

Wasn't something like that posted not too long ago:?

Dog gets food from me when he's hungry and he thinks "He can get food
anytime he wants, he must be a god!"
Cat gets food from me when he's hungry and he thinks "I can get food anytime
I want, *I* must be a god"

I'm probably butchering it, but it made me laugh first time around.

jc

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"mac davis" wrote in message

What does s/he use the shavings pile for?

I wish....
These cats only use high-grade stuff.. "clumping" or something??

Even the 2 cats that we brought down, that used to be mainly outside cats, come
INSIDE to use the damn box when there's hundreds of acres of sand outside..

Everything about the typical cat's demeanor suggests they consider
themselves the most cultured creatures in the house...

yep... Dogs have owners, cats have staff..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

mac davis wrote:

That's the amazing thing about cats, they can make any surface or position
look comfortable.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"mac davis" wrote in message

Is that a new buffing pad mounted on the head stock? ;~)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 19:37:31 -0700, Mark & Juanita wrote:

mac davis wrote:

That's the amazing thing about cats, they can make any surface or position
look comfortable.

For sure... those familiar with the Beall buffing wheels that she's laying on
know that there's a 3/8" bolt sticking about 3" out of the center of each, which
she's laying on...

I put 2 old band saw blades around the oil frying table, points up, to keep the
cats away... they sleep on THOSE, too..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 20:59:18 -0600, "Leon"
wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message
.. .

Is that a new buffing pad mounted on the head stock? ;~)

Not bad for a flatwork guy, Leon.. lol
(that's the tail stock, though)