Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Yellowheart & Jatoba bowl

I just had to post this one. I generally don't post any of my turnings. My
family generally gets the most of them.

Attached Thumbnails
Yellowheart & Jatoba bowl-bowl-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Rodger wrote:

I just had to post this one. I generally don't post any of my turnings. My
family generally gets the most of them.

Very nice.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default FOR THE BANDWITDH IMPAIRED.... Yellowheart & Jatoba bowl - Bowl-edit.jpg (0/1)

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 18:15:05 -0800, "Rodger" wrote:

I just had to post this one. I generally don't post any of my turnings. My
family generally gets the most of them.

Interesting bowl, Rodger.. looks like a LOT of time and effort, for sure..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default FOR THE BANDWITDH IMPAIRED.... Yellowheart & Jatoba bowl - Bowl-edit.jpg (1/1)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bowl-edit.jpg (25.8 KB, 42 views)
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

mac davis wrote:

Thanks, Mac. It looks better when you can see the whole thing at once.
That looks like more work than my lazy bones could handle. Nice total
effect though.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

We are born naked, wet and hungry.
Then things get worse.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I like it, you should post more of your turnings before you give them to
family.

--
Mike
Watch for the bounce.
"Rodger" wrote in message
I just had to post this one. I generally don't post any of my turnings. My
family generally gets the most of them.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 05:30:04 -0500, Gerald Ross wrote:

mac davis wrote:

Thanks, Mac. It looks better when you can see the whole thing at once.
That looks like more work than my lazy bones could handle. Nice total
effect though.

Yeah.. my brother does segmented bowls.. He does one bowl or vase while I'm
doing a dozen or so..
I'd crap out while building all the jigs that he designed for his table saw and
planer..

I just wanna put a chunk of wood on the lathe and see what it wants to be.. ;~]

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Rodger" wrote in message
I just had to post this one. I generally don't post any of my turnings. My
family generally gets the most of them.

Very nice Rodger. I have never worked with Yellow Heart but have seen it on
many times and have considered using it on numerous occasions. I am
surprised how much darker it appears on your bowl than in board form with
out a varnish.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Yellowheart & Jatoba bowl (0/1)

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 01:14:10 GMT, "Leon" wrote:

"Rodger" wrote in message
I just had to post this one. I generally don't post any of my turnings. My
family generally gets the most of them.

Very nice Rodger. I have never worked with Yellow Heart but have seen it on
many times and have considered using it on numerous occasions. I am
surprised how much darker it appears on your bowl than in board form with
out a varnish.

Many colors just like most woods, Leon.. Especially purpleheart.. never know
what color it's really going to be..

Here's a couple of yellowheart pieces that have no finish, bit have been buffed
and waxed, which darkens it a bit but brings out the gold highlights..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Yellowheart & Jatoba bowl (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Yellowheart & Jatoba bowl-yellow-heart-2-jpg  Yellowheart & Jatoba bowl-yellowheart3-jpg

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Boy, Roger, you have the patience of a saint. All those little angled
pieces to cut and glue up. I have a couple books on segmented turning, but
ended up just scratching my head at how much work it is to put rough bowl
together let alone turn it. My hats off to you.. Look great..!

"Rodger" wrote in message
I just had to post this one. I generally don't post any of my turnings. My
family generally gets the most of them.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"mac davis" wrote in message

Yeah, that is what I thought the color would be.