Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Guitar Hero

I tried it Booed off stage

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

yeah...in your dreams....

Sacramento Dave wrote:
I tried it Booed off stage

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Hey Dave,
Just curious...
What is the object of that game?
I'm not a gamer unless it's something like the Myst series. When I first saw
the ads for Guitar Hero I kept wondering what it was supposed to be all
about.

Thanks

Kate

"Sacramento Dave" wrote in message
I tried it Booed off stage

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Kate wrote:

Hey Dave,
Just curious...
What is the object of that game?
I'm not a gamer unless it's something like the Myst series. When I
first saw the ads for Guitar Hero I kept wondering what it was
supposed to be all about.

I don't own the game, but I think I can give a reasonable explanation
of it. You get a guitar prop, which has a strike plate where you would
normally strum the strings, and four or five colored buttons high on
the fretboard. You hold it like a normal guitar.

On the TV monitor, a sort of music video plays, and superimposed on
the video is a graphic of colored dots moving towards you. Each dot is
a note and corresponds to one of the colored buttons on the guitar
fretboard you are holding. As the dot passes, the object is to press
the appropriate colored button and bang the strike plate.

Guitar hero is to guitar playing what an easy bake oven is to
baking... extremely simplified.

That said, it certainly looks as though it would take a good deal of
hand-eye coordination. The object of the "game" is to accurately
"play" the guitar as the notes come at you on the screen. If you do
well and don't miss too many notes, you get cheered. If you miss too
many notes, you get booed off stage.

Here's a kid that kicks ass...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua3hZXfNZOE

Joe Barta
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 09:53:52 -0800, "Sacramento Dave"
wrote:

I tried it Booed off stage

I played "Rock Band" yesterday. Same deal!

And I've been paid to play bass. G

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Ohhhhhhhhhh Kay...
I looked at the link... If you say he kicks ass, then I'll take your word
for it.
I thought he was kind of a dip****... chains to keep him from impregnating
women LMAO.

I wonder, just wonder, how he would have done with a REAL guitar.
Thanks for the rundown. Now I know what it is. It kind of makes me think of
that dance dance fever thing that the kids were doing several years back.

Kate

"Joe Barta" wrote in message
.. .
Kate wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Why doesn't the kid play a real guitar and make millions of real
$$$????

-Zz
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Zz Yzx" wrote in message
Why doesn't the kid play a real guitar and make millions of real
$$$????

-Zz

That was kind of my train of thought to...
who knows!

K.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Kate wrote:

Ohhhhhhhhhh Kay...
I looked at the link... If you say he kicks ass, then I'll take
your word for it.
I thought he was kind of a dip****... chains to keep him from
impregnating women LMAO.

I'd bet my last doughnut that if YOU picked up a Guitar Hero guitar
and tried to do what HE did, you'd throw it down in frustration and
admit the kid is pretty kick ass... in a slighly comical, over the top
dip**** sort of way ;-)

I wonder, just wonder, how he would have done with a REAL guitar.
Thanks for the rundown. Now I know what it is. It kind of makes me
think of that dance dance fever thing that the kids were doing
several years back.

Yeah, pretty much the same thing. I was always amazed when I'd see a
pair of kids hopping around in tandem on those things.

Joe Barta
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Zz Yzx wrote:

Why doesn't the kid play a real guitar and make millions of real
$$$????

-Zz

I always believed that people should go with their passions. Hopefully
fortune will follow.

Think about all the people that should have been doing something more
sensible with their time.... and are now making their fortunes...

Joe Barta

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Joe Barta" wrote in message
.. .
Kate wrote:

Ohhhhhhhhhh Kay...
I looked at the link... If you say he kicks ass, then I'll take
your word for it.
I thought he was kind of a dip****... chains to keep him from
impregnating women LMAO.

I'd bet my last doughnut that if YOU picked up a Guitar Hero guitar
and tried to do what HE did, you'd throw it down in frustration and
admit the kid is pretty kick ass... in a slighly comical, over the top
dip**** sort of way ;-)

*HAH!* The only talent I have with music is the ability to use an on and off
switch.
Yes, it was impressive that he was able to keep up with it, I see your point
there.
No way would you get me to do something like that, I know my limitations.
Hell, I can't even touch type ;¬Þ

I wonder, just wonder, how he would have done with a REAL guitar.
Thanks for the rundown. Now I know what it is. It kind of makes me
think of that dance dance fever thing that the kids were doing
several years back.

Yeah, pretty much the same thing. I was always amazed when I'd see a
pair of kids hopping around in tandem on those things.

*My daughter's best friend was really into it and she was good at it too.
Pretty cool to watch but not something I could ever do. Although I was
pretty good at a country swing, two step and a heel 'n toe ... back in the
day.

K.