Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Music Stand - attached files (1/4)

I think it's VERY nice
Beautiful detail too.

Your first image came through just fine for me, the last three got
scrambled.
Might be me.

Kate

"Hazel" wrote in message
Been lurking for a while and finally finished something I like well
enough to post. I hope the file size is okay.
Primary wood is mahogany and the treble clef and staff lines are ebony.
Legs are dovetailed into the barrel.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Kate wrote:
I think it's VERY nice
Beautiful detail too.

Your first image came through just fine for me, the last three got
scrambled.
Might be me.

Same here. I suspect that it was a multipart post and the first photo
fit but the rest didn't have the necessary header info to display properly.

That's the problem with all these new mega pixel cameras out there - the
images are huge and they never tell users how to resize/resample them so
they fit in an email message...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Kevin Miller wrote in
:

That's the problem with all these new mega pixel cameras out there -
the images are huge and they never tell users how to resize/resample
them so they fit in an email message...

...Kevin

In a follow-up post, I'm going to post a copy of a program called LView.
This is a simple share-ware photo editing program. Use it, try it, and if
you like it, please register it.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Smaug Ichorfang wrote:
Kevin Miller wrote in
:

That's the problem with all these new mega pixel cameras out there -
the images are huge and they never tell users how to resize/resample
them so they fit in an email message...

...Kevin

In a follow-up post, I'm going to post a copy of a program called LView.
This is a simple share-ware photo editing program. Use it, try it, and if
you like it, please register it.

Never tried LView, but Irfanview is a free download, and very handy for
resizing photos. Takes about three mouse clicks...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Juneau, Alaska
Registered Linux User No: 307357
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Kevin Miller wrote in
:

Never tried LView, but Irfanview is a free download, and very handy
for resizing photos. Takes about three mouse clicks...

Yup, Irfanview is a good program too, but has more features (it can work
with video files as well as "still" graphics), and is much larger (LView is
about 800meg on disk aand Irfanview is about 8 gig).

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Smaug Ichorfang wrote:
Kevin Miller wrote in
:

Never tried LView, but Irfanview is a free download, and very handy
for resizing photos. Takes about three mouse clicks...

Yup, Irfanview is a good program too, but has more features (it can work
with video files as well as "still" graphics), and is much larger (LView is
about 800meg on disk aand Irfanview is about 8 gig).

8 Gigs???? Try 1.1 megs. You can download it from Tucows he
http://www.tucows.com/preview/194967

There's no way a 1.1 mb file will expand to 8 gigs (not a normal file
that us mere mortals use anyway). I'm not on my Windows box, but I"d be
surprised if it doubled in size during the install. I'll have to look
tomorrow...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Juneau, Alaska
Registered Linux User No: 307357
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Kevin Miller wrote in
:

There's no way a 1.1 mb file will expand to 8 gigs (not a normal file
that us mere mortals use anyway). I'm not on my Windows box, but I"d
be surprised if it doubled in size during the install. I'll have to
look tomorrow...

...Kevin

Ooops - you're right. It's 8 meg (10 meg disk size).
At least that's how big the installed directory is. Don't remember if I
have any plug-ins installed on this computer.
And Lview (my old version) is around 800K.
They're both good programs, and I guess with disk size going into the
terabyte range we don't *really* need to worry about size.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sat, 08 Dec 2007 21:19:06 GMT, Smaug Ichorfang
wrote:

Kevin Miller wrote in
:

That's the problem with all these new mega pixel cameras out there -
the images are huge and they never tell users how to resize/resample
them so they fit in an email message...

...Kevin

In a follow-up post, I'm going to post a copy of a program called LView.
This is a simple share-ware photo editing program. Use it, try it, and if
you like it, please register it.

Please don't. A link is OK, but no software here...please.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

In article ,
Kevin Miller wrote:

Kate wrote:
I think it's VERY nice
Beautiful detail too.

Your first image came through just fine for me, the last three got
scrambled.
Might be me.

Same here. I suspect that it was a multipart post and the first photo
fit but the rest didn't have the necessary header info to display properly.

That's the problem with all these new mega pixel cameras out there - the
images are huge and they never tell users how to resize/resample them so
they fit in an email message...

...Kevin

Thanks. It was just two pictures, one front and one back. When I
checked, both pictures came through on the first message and then there
were three messages of garbage. I will try with only one picture per
message. I'm working on a Mac and re-sizing isn't a problem. I just
didn't know what size to go to.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Hazel wrote:

Thanks. It was just two pictures, one front and one back. When I
checked, both pictures came through on the first message and then there
were three messages of garbage. I will try with only one picture per
message. I'm working on a Mac and re-sizing isn't a problem. I just
didn't know what size to go to.

A lot of folks seem to shoot for about 800 pixels wide - fits nicely in
the screen and compresses down to a reasonable size.

Saw the reposts - nice music stand. Did you do the plans yourself?
Wouldn't mind building one of those myself. My son plays violin and it
would look much nicer in the living room than the metal stand that we
have now.

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

In article ,
Kevin Miller wrote:

Hazel wrote:

Thanks. It was just two pictures, one front and one back. When I
checked, both pictures came through on the first message and then there
were three messages of garbage. I will try with only one picture per
message. I'm working on a Mac and re-sizing isn't a problem. I just
didn't know what size to go to.

A lot of folks seem to shoot for about 800 pixels wide - fits nicely in
the screen and compresses down to a reasonable size.

Saw the reposts - nice music stand. Did you do the plans yourself?
Wouldn't mind building one of those myself. My son plays violin and it
would look much nicer in the living room than the metal stand that we
have now.

...Kevin

Thanks for the compliment. The design is pretty much mine. I don't
really do plans, but I can e-mail pretty complete construction notes and
pattern for the leg and treble clef insert.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Smaug Ichorfang wrote in
:

Kevin Miller wrote in
:

That's the problem with all these new mega pixel cameras out there -
the images are huge and they never tell users how to resize/resample
them so they fit in an email message...

...Kevin

In a follow-up post, I'm going to post a copy of a program called
LView. This is a simple share-ware photo editing program. Use it,
try it, and if you like it, please register it.

AMEN! It is stupid sending these HUGE pictures. I have high speed but
most of the time just ignore them when they are so big. Small loss -
stupid posters.