Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Corner Cab - work in progress

Beautiful color, great design and scale.. You've certainly taught the
benefits of creating in CAD first. Something to aspire to.. and that
difficult face frame with those tight mitered joints and matching
wood/grain.. wow.. I had to go to Swingman's woodworking school website to
see how you glued that up.. I learn something looking at the process and
pictures of each piece you build.. Thanks for sharing..

"Swingman" wrote in message

"B A R R Y" wrote

Nice!

The color does look great on that wood.

Thanks ... kind of hard to tell with the digital flash, but what I really
like about that particular brand of stain is there is a bit of sapwood on
both the door stiles, and the cove molding (you can see it clearly in the
first picture on this projects page in the two rough 4/4 boards that made
up
100% of the hardwood used in this corner cabinet), and a single
application
of the stain evens it out to the point that the sapwood disappears into
the
mix.

I've had trouble with white oak before, with both stains and fuming, in
that
regard. The Rockler/McFadden stain took care of that problem on the last
two
projects I've used it on.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/14/07

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Charlie M. 1958" wrote

Outstanding as always, Swingman! Looks like it will hold at least a
year's supply of file'. :-)

Thanks ... even better, a place to store my crawfish boiler and favorite
dirty rice dutch oven?

Naahh ... ain't gonna get away wid dat, cher!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/14/07

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Jim Hall" wrote in message
Beautiful color, great design and scale.. You've certainly taught the
benefits of creating in CAD first. Something to aspire to.. and that
difficult face frame with those tight mitered joints and matching
wood/grain.. wow..

Thanks!

I had to go to Swingman's woodworking school website to
see how you glued that up..

ROTFL ... like Imelda Marcos' shoes, there's a jig for every ocassion.

I learn something looking at the process and
pictures of each piece you build.. Thanks for sharing..

You're most welcome ... glad you find some of it useful.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/14/07

Corner Cab - work in progress Swingman Woodworking 44 December 10th 07 02:02 PM
Work in progress tom Woodworking 0 May 23rd 07 01:52 AM
Work in Progress Darrell Feltmate Woodturning 4 January 5th 07 11:27 PM
Work in progress Darrell Feltmate Woodturning 2 October 4th 06 07:18 PM
Work in Progress 3 Darrell Feltmate Woodturning 0 September 12th 06 01:38 PM