Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Cliche Series - Next Installment

Turning small lead/led (?) to this next one - poplar hammer, nail and
top of head, black walnut with parts "ebonized" with vineger and rust
solution - and a piece of 0.015" diameter "piano wire" so the hammer
moves if you breath on the piece ( I CAN turn small - that small - but
can't turn curved round AND springy at that scale). Used a Razer
pyrography unit and pen to burn in the details on the pedestal - more as
a quick and dirty "I wonder what it would look like if . . ." thing.
Should've dusted the piece off before taking the pictures.

The (Head) squared is because the hammer strikes the nail on the head
and the nail in turn is on the top of the head - or at least the top of
the skull - a little artistic / math license.

Cliches are turning (pun intended) out to be a very fertile field to
explore.

By turning small, ideas can be explored fairly quickly - from what would
otherwise be scraps.

Might do this one at a much larger scale. Which leads me to the idea of
describing
some of the the sketch sized pieces as being done at a "micro monumental
scale" (don't you just love Art Speak?).

Still trying to add some actual movement to what are dymaic in their
creation,
static when completed turnings. Am trying to work out how to get
movement in lacewood veneer dragon fly wings using even finer spring
wire.

Interesting this turning thing.

charile b

Attached Images
File Type: jpg NailOnTheHead2SMALL.jpg (57.5 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg NailOnTheHead2ActualSize.jpg (31.9 KB, 33 views)