Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Veritas Router Plane box (picture 1 of 3)

Here's a box I built to keep all the parts for the Veritas router plane together.

The top is bookmatched sycamore from a neighbors tree and the rest is red oak
reclaimed from pallets; the blade holder is a scrap of rubberwood from somewhere.

Attached Thumbnails
Veritas Router Plane box (picture 1 of 3)-vbox1-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Scott Lurndal" wrote in message
Here's a box I built to keep all the parts for the Veritas router plane
together.

The top is bookmatched sycamore from a neighbors tree and the rest is red
oak
reclaimed from pallets; the blade holder is a scrap of rubberwood from
somewhere.

Oh, a plain plane box. Very nice.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Scott Lurndal" wrote in message
Here's a box I built to keep all the parts for the Veritas router plane
together.

The top is bookmatched sycamore from a neighbors tree and the rest is red
oak
reclaimed from pallets; the blade holder is a scrap of rubberwood from
somewhere.

It looks nice!
I have an old humidore that is almost it's twin.

I'm working on a box right now too... a "secret box" . I sure wish I was
equipped to make the joints like you did. I'm having to copy the box I
already have that's about 30 years old, looks like it was made in India or
somewhere.

Kate

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Scott Lurndal" wrote in message
Here's a box I built to keep all the parts for the Veritas router plane
together.

The top is bookmatched sycamore from a neighbors tree and the rest is red
oak
reclaimed from pallets; the blade holder is a scrap of rubberwood from
somewhere.

Looks nice. I like the holder for the literature in the lid. Has Rob Lee
seen it? Maybe it will give him some ideas.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Kate" wrote in message

I'm working on a box right now too... a "secret box" . I sure wish I was
equipped to make the joints like you did. I'm having to copy the box I
already have that's about 30 years old, looks like it was made in India or
somewhere.

Have a table saw or router table? Box joint jig plans are a dime a dozen and
easy to make. Here's just an example of hundreds availalble:

http://sawdustmaking.com/Box%20Joint/boxjointjig.html

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/8/07

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 00:20:00 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

Nice box! G I can say that here without being slapped...

How's the plane working out?