Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Sorry for the large picture files (0/2)

Group,
Sorry for the LARGE files.
Spend most of my time with MP3 groups where large files are
commonplace.
This time I looked twice and post once? LOL
U all have a good day.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

ghost wrote:
Group,
Sorry for the LARGE files.
Spend most of my time with MP3 groups where large files are
commonplace.
This time I looked twice and post once? LOL
U all have a good day.

The tops on the dresser are nightstand look fabulous from what I can
see. What's the wood and finish type?
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"ghost" wrote in message
Group,
Sorry for the LARGE files.
Spend most of my time with MP3 groups where large files are
commonplace.
This time I looked twice and post once? LOL
U all have a good day.

This is much better. But, you have to be BSing us. This is your first
attempt at woodworking? Damn, I've been playing for a few years and cannot
do that good. You certainly have the talent for it.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Sorry for the large picture files (0/2) - garage2-22-07 003.jpg (0/1)

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 11:37:43 -0500, "Charlie M. 1958"
wrote:

ghost wrote:
Group,
Sorry for the LARGE files.
Spend most of my time with MP3 groups where large files are
commonplace.
This time I looked twice and post once? LOL
U all have a good day.

The tops on the dresser are nightstand look fabulous from what I can
see. What's the wood and finish type?

Charlie,
Thanks for the compliment.
Looking for good wood at the home depot or lowe's didn't cut it.
So I spent some time at the Rockler store being a pest. I bought a few
blades and bits
and learned that there were 4 wood mills within 30 minutes driving
time from me here in
Downey CA. Wow I didn't know that there were so many exotic woods
available today.
So I visited one of them, Bohnhoff Lumber Mill in Los Angeles, CA.
I found some great aged clear white popular and had them mill it to my
specs. I needed some true 1 ½ inch for the arch headboard and foot
board cut outs. I ended up with a few
1-1/2"x14"x 10' for that project.
I used the scrap from that for the vertical bars and side plates.
I was disappointed in the limited oil base stains and finished
available today, so I used minwax water base conditioner, water base
stain - colonial pine color, and water base polycrylic finish. Three
sprayed coats of clear finish sanded between each coat. I like the
polycrylic finish. It sprays nice and looks great.
The tops are 20x20 porcelain tile cut all four sides to fit and the
cuts polished w/ a 100 grit diamond water fed disc pad to remove the
chips that a diamond saw makes. The ribbons are cut and finished the
same way. That was a lot of work. No grout. I have all the tools and
experience working with tile and polishing granite and marble from the
work I did in my kitchen
I'de post some pics of my kitchen stone work but that would be off
topic in this group 'cause it's stone not wood. ;o)
Take care Charlie,
Do all garages look like this?
OHM'S law should only be practiced by electrified nerds.
Fran

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Sorry for the large picture files (0/2) - garage2-22-07 003.jpg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Sorry for the large picture files (0/2)-garage2-22-07-003-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Sorry for the large picture files (0/2) (0/2)

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 16:50:03 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"ghost" wrote in message
.. .
Group,
Sorry for the LARGE files.
Spend most of my time with MP3 groups where large files are
commonplace.
This time I looked twice and post once? LOL
U all have a good day.

This is much better. But, you have to be BSing us. This is your first
attempt at woodworking? Damn, I've been playing for a few years and cannot
do that good. You certainly have the talent for it.

Edwin,
Ok u got me. 25 years ago I built some cabinets for the bar area. Pics
attached.
I leaded the glass also. Being proficient in soldering from
electronics career it was easy for me to solder the came joints. But
cutting glass takes some practice, a good pair of duck bill pliers and
a good glass scorer. You buy the lead came, beveled glass shapes and
different "glue chip" glass from a specialty stained glass crafts
store.
Good idea to wear gloves also. Sharp edges until you "stone" them
down. Cut myself a few times 'till I learned that.
What a great group this is.
If u don't get what u want, pester 'em till they give in.
Fran