Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Cabinet finally done

Just wanted to get some feedback on my latest project. It's a cabinet for
storage and display in the master bath.

Attached Thumbnails
Cabinet finally done-100_0688-jpg  Cabinet finally done-100_0690-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

rthomps9 wrote:
Just wanted to get some feedback on my latest project. It's a cabinet for
storage and display in the master bath.

Very pretty. I love oak. Interesting design as well.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Very nice. Is the finish over natural wood color or is it stained? Either
way, it is a good looking finish.

RonB

"rthomps9" wrote in message
Just wanted to get some feedback on my latest project. It's a cabinet for
storage and display in the master bath.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Thanks! It's one coat of Zinsser amber shellac cut with alcohol and topped
with wax. It was my first attempt at shellac turned out pretty well. For
me, getting the finish to turn out is harder than the construction.

"rthomps9" wrote in message
Just wanted to get some feedback on my latest project. It's a cabinet for
storage and display in the master bath.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

rthomps9 wrote:
Just wanted to get some feedback on my latest project. It's a cabinet
for storage and display in the master bath.

Very nice lines and job.

I hesitate to ask though... Just what does one display in the master
bath?g

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Say What?" wrote in message
et...
rthomps9 wrote:
Just wanted to get some feedback on my latest project. It's a cabinet
for storage and display in the master bath.

Very nice lines and job.

I hesitate to ask though... Just what does one display in the master
bath?g

Whatever my wife wants to.... It replaced a imitation chrome stand with some
of her collectable stuff (lighthouses). Now she wants a small companion
table sort of thing to go with it.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

rthomps9 wrote:

I hesitate to ask though... Just what does one display in the master
bath?g

Whatever my wife wants to.... It replaced a imitation chrome stand with some
of her collectable stuff (lighthouses). Now she wants a small companion
table sort of thing to go with it.

Small price to pay to SWMBO provided that she buys into the argument
that "one project = one (at a minimum)new tool" g

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Say What?" wrote in message
et...
rthomps9 wrote:

I hesitate to ask though... Just what does one display in the master
bath?g

Whatever my wife wants to.... It replaced a imitation chrome stand with
some of her collectable stuff (lighthouses). Now she wants a small
companion table sort of thing to go with it.

Small price to pay to SWMBO provided that she buys into the argument that
"one project = one (at a minimum)new tool" g

That philosophy has worked out pretty well for me. I made her a jewelry box
for which I needed a band saw. I ended up with the Grizzly 555 and love it.
I had to borrow a mortiser for the cabinet and will need one for the next
project, so I may see one in my future!

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Stu Stu is offline

nice oak. really like your lighthouse knobs.