Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default a baby barn ... some assembly required

I plan to erect a small (12x22) timber-framed bard in my back yard this
summer. It will house garden tools and bicycles but it will also have a loft
to I can finally develop a decent wood stash.

The wood is pine, which for got (sopping wet) for little less than 50
cents/bs ft (delivered)... by no means a gloat, but pretty reasonable IMHO.
I figured that everything would come in a bit long , but alot of the 10
footers are 11.5 feet. It's weird to have an offcut bigger than my head.

I started marking drilling and chopping the main posts... I've got 5 done
and my arm is pretty sore.

For marking I'm using chalk just for rough layout (orientation left/right
stuff) followed by a utility knife and framing square.

For mortises, I drilll the corners with a 1" auger bit, the middles with a
1-5/8 forstner. The 1/2" Milwaukee is earning it's keep.
The I trim what I can with the circular saw followed by the 1.5" framing
chisel ... It's a 14" long socketed beast made by Henry Taylor. I've been
very pleased with that purchase.

I think I'm make girts (no, not grits) tomorrow. (less pounding more
cutting)

Cheers,

Steve

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Thickwood delivered.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	749  Click image for larger version

Name:	flatwood delivered.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	750  Click image for larger version

Name:	midpost.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	751  Click image for larger version

Name:	cornerpost.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	752

a baby barn ...chapter II OOps C & S Woodworking 0 April 26th 07 11:03 AM
Buy BABY CONVERTABLE CRIBS,baby crib sets, baby bedding, baby bed sheets on discounted prices [email protected] Woodworking 0 August 3rd 06 07:29 PM
Baby crib Fred Woodworking 0 February 27th 05 02:09 PM
baby cot Zipadee Doodar UK diy 4 April 6th 04 01:45 PM