Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
C & S C & S is offline

Default a baby barn ... some assembly required

I have the inkling to build a shop using timber framing so I'll be

watching
your progress with interest! Where did you get the design or is there a
reference you recommend for designing timber framed structures?

The design was basically modified from this book:

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...096,51560&ap=1

It has a 12x16, 3-bent "gardenshed" project which is fairly detailed and
pretty darned close to what I wanted to do. Mine is 12x22 and has 4 bents.
It's not going to give you enough info to engineer a much larger structure,
but it's a well woth the $15 + shipping as an overview.

For a freebee...
http://www.tfguild.org/joinery/joinery.html

There are 6 pdf downloads which are a really intreresting read with very
useful illustrations. It's just about the joinery, one file for each
application (tie joints, tie at the plate, scarf joints, rafters, etc.).

-Steve