Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default spalted silver maple turmed box

"C & S" wrote

This is 4" diameter box, turned from trimmings in my front yard, courtesy
of
New York State Electric and Gas.

Now that is a beauty.

Nice wood, shape, proportions, etc.

You did everything right on this one.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

This is 4" diameter box, turned from trimmings in my fron yard, courtesy of
New York State Elictric and Gas.

They were trimming around power lines and honored bot my request to trill
back to the main branch (rather than cut a hole around the lines) and to
leave the wood behind.

I think my wife is using to to save thread trimmings for the birds.

BTW turned on My Jet 1442 usign a Supernova^2 chuck. It was the first time
using the jaws in expansion mode (there is a small recess on the inside of
the lid)

Cheers,

Steve

Attached Thumbnails
spalted silver maple turmed box-13-jpg  spalted silver maple turmed box-16-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Very nice. Isn't it nice what groaty spalted wood can produce with a little
TLC?

RonB

"C & S" wrote in message
.. .
This is 4" diameter box, turned from trimmings in my fron yard, courtesy
of
New York State Elictric and Gas.

They were trimming around power lines and honored bot my request to trill
back to the main branch (rather than cut a hole around the lines) and to
leave the wood behind.

I think my wife is using to to save thread trimmings for the birds.

BTW turned on My Jet 1442 usign a Supernova^2 chuck. It was the first time
using the jaws in expansion mode (there is a small recess on the inside of
the lid)

Cheers,

Steve

SPALTED Wood {Maple ?} . . . Who wants some? Ron Magen Woodturning 6 July 22nd 07 02:34 AM
Spalted Maple Finishing henry Woodworking 18 May 28th 06 01:15 PM
Spalted Maple Jeff Woodworking 7 September 25th 05 04:03 PM
spalted maple Doug Woodworking 4 March 23rd 05 08:12 PM
spalted maple Bill Badland Woodturning 6 December 22nd 03 03:49 AM