Fred

Highland Hardware in Atlanta (and online) carries the full Sorby line of
tools and supplies for metal spinning, as well as the Sorby video on metal
spinning. Lest others feel that this post is in the wrong area, you will
find them at the HH site under "Woodturning". Here is the link:

http://www.tools-for-woodworking.com...S&Category=238

Watch for the wrap if your browser is minimized.

Regards,
Fred Bearman
Port Huron, Michigan

"speedbuggy" wrote in message
. com...
Does anyone have a supply for metal spinning tools and discs?

Thanks,
Kris

speedbuggy

Default metal spinning supplies

Does anyone have a supply for metal spinning tools and discs?

Thanks,
Kris

WillR

speedbuggy wrote:
Does anyone have a supply for metal spinning tools and discs?

Thanks,
Kris

Try the metalworking forum. I know people here have answers but you will
hit a wider range of people there.

Not sure they will know exactly what you want any more than I do.

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek
mac davis

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 19:33:12 GMT, "speedbuggy"
wrote:

Does anyone have a supply for metal spinning tools and discs?

Thanks,
Kris

yes, a few of us do. why?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Henry

Two websites to check out.

http://users.moscow.com/oiseming/lc_ant_p/lnk_mtal.htm
http://www.jamesriser.com/

"speedbuggy" wrote in message
. com...
Does anyone have a supply for metal spinning tools and discs?

Thanks,
Kris

speedbuggy

Next time I'll elaborate a bit more for those who have pulled their bottom
lip over the top of their head and swallowed. If you push real hard you
might be able to right yourself again.

wrote:

Does anyone have a supply for metal spinning tools and discs?

Thanks,
Kris

yes, a few of us do. why?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

speedbuggy

Thanks to all that responded (except for one). I will check out the
metalworking forum. I think of metalworking more of knife making,
fabrication and scuplture. That is why I asked here.

"speedbuggy" wrote in message
. com...
Does anyone have a supply for metal spinning tools and discs?

Thanks,
Kris

Arch

Kris, Mac is a good guy who like all of us at times can't resist.
Lighten up, thank him for having read your query, forgive his weak
resistance and let's all laugh & scratch and have fun turning wood.

BTW, Dave Hout, a great turning teacher,
has a handout with suppliers of metal spinning discs, lubricants and
info re tools that is very helpful.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Fred

Kris,

Don't feel bad for posting here - this was the most appropriate place, and
it is doubtful that anything related to metal spinning will be found in the
metal working links; metal spinning is more closely related to woodturning,
and indeed you use woodturning tools, techniques, and WOOD to turn the forms
that you form the metal over (and the tool rest is designed for use on a
woodworking lathe). As mentioned in my earlier post, Highland Hardware has
these items, and they do list them under woodturning. Is this something new
for you? I have considered giving this a try as well. Would enjoy hearing
your take on it.

Regards,
Fred Bearman
Port Huron, Michigan

"speedbuggy" wrote in message
om...
Thanks to all that responded (except for one). I will check out the
metalworking forum. I think of metalworking more of knife making,
fabrication and scuplture. That is why I asked here.

"speedbuggy" wrote in message
. com...
Does anyone have a supply for metal spinning tools and discs?

Thanks,
Kris

Arch

Searching 'Dave Hout Woodturner' will bring up lots of info on metal
spinning, including a tutorial.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

speedbuggy

Arch,
I sure he is a good guy. I reviewed a few of his posts before replying. I
normally don't respond like that.

"Arch" wrote in message
Kris, Mac is a good guy who like all of us at times can't resist.
Lighten up, thank him for having read your query, forgive his weak
resistance and let's all laugh & scratch and have fun turning wood.

BTW, Dave Hout, a great turning teacher,
has a handout with suppliers of metal spinning discs, lubricants and
info re tools that is very helpful.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

ottomatic

"speedbuggy" wrote in message
om...
Thanks to all that responded (except for one). I will check out the
metalworking forum.

not that I'm an expert on either, but IIUC, metal spinning is more a
wood_turning
activity than a metalworking activity

the guys at the metalworking forum use top-slides and tool holders and
powerfeeds etc

Otto

I think of metalworking more of knife making,
fabrication and scuplture. That is why I asked here.

"speedbuggy" wrote in message
. com...
Does anyone have a supply for metal spinning tools and discs?

Thanks,
Kris

mac davis

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:28:37 GMT, "speedbuggy"
wrote:

sorry, SB.. I guess if it said something like "Does anyone have a source for
buying metal spinning tools and discs?" I would have given more info..

We have a lot of trolls here that will start an off-the-wall thread just to get
folks going..

Next time I'll elaborate a bit more for those who have pulled their bottom
lip over the top of their head and swallowed. If you push real hard you
might be able to right yourself again.

.. .

wrote:

Does anyone have a supply for metal spinning tools and discs?

Thanks,
Kris

yes, a few of us do. why?

mac