Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
George

Default Green Sandpaper Revisited

A while back I mentioned the green cloth-backed paper sold by Packard looked
a winner. Well, I'm even more convinced now, because I cleaned up a part of
my shelf where the 180 experimental piece had hidden itself, and have used
it on another half-dozen pieces. This stuff is still cutting wood, though
at a finer grade rating, perhaps 240, and holding on to the hooks. Whoever
said the cloth was too stiff should see this 10-minute noodle of a sanding
pad!

I retired him yesterday, firmly attached to the velcro, grit from edge to
edge, and a veteran of over a dozen bowls. Put the old white Rhino 180 on
again, but once it's gone, it's gone.

I have 4 unused 80 grit disks for sale. With as often as I use 'em and as
long as these last....

(That's a joke, Ray)