william kossack

Default Orange Agate?

I picked up a chunk of wood at the Denver Woodworking show that the
seller was calling Orange Agate?

Anyone have any idea what this wood is? I can't find any reference on
it.
Maxprop

"Martin Rost" rostmartin @ hot mail . com wrote in message

How is Osage pronounced? Two syllables with a long O and long A,

I've always heard it this way.

Max

william kossack

They had some osage but this is orange with interesting grain.

Much of what was being sold was checking in the Denver dry air.
They and one large plank 5 inches thick that I was interested in
until I turned it over and saw some huge checks in the other side.

I ended up with a small log about 6 inches across and maybe 8 inches
high. It was shrink rapped abut I checked it all over for checks
before deciding.

Ecnerwal wrote:
In article ,
(william kossack) wrote:

I picked up a chunk of wood at the Denver Woodworking show that the
seller was calling Orange Agate?

Anyone have any idea what this wood is? I can't find any reference on
it.

Might be a "salesmen's name" for Osage Orange...a hard wood with strong
color.

Owen Lowe

In article ,
"Martin Rost" rostmartin @ hot mail . com wrote: