Bjarte Runderheim

Default Startingprocedure for Vicmark 300 with aussie electronics?

It is friday night, I have a brand new Vicmark on the floor, and it would
not start!

That is, I put in the plug, threw the main switch to on, switched the toggle
to Forward,
set the speed dial to 3, and pushed the green button.

I get sound. A rising kind of rattle from the electronics black box, but no
spindle movement.

Maybe I should have just waited to see what happened, but, easily scared
that I am,
i just pushed the red button (no reaction to the sound) threw the main
switch to off,
and pulled the plug. After 3 - 5 seconds, the sound from the electronics
began to fade,
and that's it.

Can anybody help? I do not seem to get any explanation in the manual.

Bjarte

billh

Can't give you experience based on the Vicmark but some g(G)eneral comments:
Rattle is probably the inverter doing what it normally does. There are some
transformers/inductors in the box and the frequency makes them vibrate
slightly thus creating the noise. When I turn my General off the inverter
runs for several seconds before going quiet.

Make sure the spindle turns freely, that is, isn't locked if such a thing is
possible.

My General has a center off position on the direction switch so if it is in
the center the spindle doesn't move so make sure you really are in Forward
or Reverse.

Is the motor turning?

Billh

"Bjarte Runderheim" wrote in message
[...]

Rusty Myers

Sounds like what my Stubby does when I forget to release the spindle lock.
Makes noise like it supposed to but no spin. I'd check to see if the
spindle lock is on.

--
Rusty Myers
Austin, TX

[...]

Nissan Teman

[...]

Hi
Check to see that the spindle is not locked!
Bjarte Runderheim

"Bjarte Runderheim" skrev i melding
It is friday night, I have a brand new Vicmark on the floor, and it would
not start!

Now it is working OK.
For those who wondered, the spindle-lock was OFF.

I had to keep the green button in with my finger to make it run.
After 30 seconds of this, it ran by itself,
and now it works normally!

Maybe some moisture from the transport that had to dry out
of the electronics.

Thanks for your answers, all.

Bjarte