Bjarte Runderheim

Default Startingprocedure for Vicmark 300 with aussie electronics?

It is friday night, I have a brand new Vicmark on the floor, and it would
not start!

That is, I put in the plug, threw the main switch to on, switched the toggle
to Forward,
set the speed dial to 3, and pushed the green button.

I get sound. A rising kind of rattle from the electronics black box, but no
spindle movement.

Maybe I should have just waited to see what happened, but, easily scared
that I am,
i just pushed the red button (no reaction to the sound) threw the main
switch to off,
and pulled the plug. After 3 - 5 seconds, the sound from the electronics
began to fade,
and that's it.

Can anybody help? I do not seem to get any explanation in the manual.

Bjarte