Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Alun Saunders

Default Making handle for shell auger

I've just bought an unhandled shell auger, and want to make a handle for
it. That's not a problem, but I'm a little curious about how to actually
fit the auger into the handle once I've made it. On the non business
end, it's got what I can only describe as a blunt spear head, presumably
this stops the whole thing rotating in the handle.

So, do I just drill a hole the same diameter as the shaft of the auger
and somehow force the "spearhead" into this hole, or is there something
else I should be doing. I guess I'll need some kind of ferrule too.

TIA,

--
Alun Saunders

Metal Door & Handle BigWallop UK diy 1 June 15th 04 08:00 AM
Screw Making: Making a rounded edge on the screw tip George Sohnle Metalworking 6 October 30th 03 06:36 PM