Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
william kossack

Default hints on crushed stone

I've got some blue lapus and malichite nugets (also some powdered copper
and brass).

I'm been wanting to experiment with crushed stone on my turnings. Not
having any pieces with some voids I can fill at this moment I was
thinking of cutting a notch into a nearly finished piece and the gluing
the stone or metal into the notch befor completing the turning.

I have a couple questions

1) How should I best get the stone or metal to stay in th notch that has
been cut all the way around the turning?

2) with the stone, how do you sand it smooth? I'm thinking of over
filling the notch with chushed stone and then using CA thin to glue it
in leaving some obove the surface of the turning that will then be
'sanded' smooth and flush. I'm also assuming that trying to cut the
stone with a chisel is a bad idea for the chisel and that it should be
sanded