harryc

Default Re;Grizzly 17 inc Bandsaw

Grizzly has a 17 inch bandsaw with 2 hp motor for a resonable price. Anyone
have one of these bandsaws or know anything about it?

--
Harry

Maxprop

"harryc" wrote in message

Grizzly has a 17 inch bandsaw with 2 hp motor for a resonable price.

Anyone
have one of these bandsaws or know anything about it?

Hi Harry,

I have a Grizzly 15" band saw, which appears to be a smaller, no-frills
version of the 17" saw. I've used it extensively without problems. While
better saws are probably available, this one has performed flawlessly. No
complaints.

Max

Larry

I have a 24 inch that is close to the 17.
I have had to repalce the bearings in the upper wheel and the shaft.
I was in a hurry and tapped them in with a hammer that worked for
about 6 months. then the next time I got the bearigns from grizzley
and pressed them on that has worked great.
What you may not relizes is that this saw has been running for about 6
years. It runs for a mininum of 11 hours day 4 days a week plus over
time My cutter who run the saw average about 48 hours a week.
In the last 6 years the saw has been down for about 4 hours total

Larry