Woodturning (rec.crafts.woodturning) To discuss tools, techniques, styles, materials, shows and competitions, education and educational materials related to woodturning. All skill levels are welcome, from art turners to production turners, beginners to masters.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old February 2nd 16, 09:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,143
Default very sturdy looking but simple


have never heard of this make but it looks solid

https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/tls/5429579577.html














  #2   Report Post  
Old February 2nd 16, 10:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Mar 2007
Posts: 499
Default very sturdy looking but simple

On 02/02/2016 12:10 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

have never heard of this make but it looks solid

https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/tls/5429579577.html


The Woodfast was one of the "go to" lathes in the late '90s, early
2000s. Good machines, solid build. I'm not sure they're in business
anymore. They were Australian IIRC.

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
"In the history of the world, no one has ever washed a rented car."
- Lawrence Summers
  #3   Report Post  
Old February 2nd 16, 11:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Dec 2014
Posts: 200
Default very sturdy looking but simple

On 02/02/2016 3:55 PM, Kevin Miller wrote:
On 02/02/2016 12:10 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

have never heard of this make but it looks solid

https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/tls/5429579577.html


The Woodfast was one of the "go to" lathes in the late '90s, early
2000s. Good machines, solid build. I'm not sure they're in business
anymore. They were Australian IIRC.

...Kevin

I looked at their website and it looks as if they just sell re-branded
Taiwanese machines.
I may be wrong but.......
Graham
  #4   Report Post  
Old February 3rd 16, 03:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,143
Default very sturdy looking but simple

On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 13:55:05 -0900
Kevin Miller wrote:

The Woodfast was one of the "go to" lathes in the late '90s, early
2000s. Good machines, solid build. I'm not sure they're in business
anymore. They were Australian IIRC.


there is another aussie one i think it is vicmark

would think competition would be rough down under











  #5   Report Post  
Old February 3rd 16, 03:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Dec 2014
Posts: 63
Default very sturdy looking but simple

On 2016-02-02 23:42:54 +0000, graham said:

On 02/02/2016 3:55 PM, Kevin Miller wrote:
On 02/02/2016 12:10 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

have never heard of this make but it looks solid

https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/tls/5429579577.html


The Woodfast was one of the "go to" lathes in the late '90s, early
2000s. Good machines, solid build. I'm not sure they're in business
anymore. They were Australian IIRC.

...Kevin

I looked at their website and it looks as if they just sell re-branded
Taiwanese machines.
I may be wrong but.......
Graham


Now, yes. "back in the day" no.



  #6   Report Post  
Old February 3rd 16, 03:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Dec 2014
Posts: 63
Default very sturdy looking but simple

On 2016-02-03 03:37:29 +0000, Electric Comet said:

On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 13:55:05 -0900
Kevin Miller wrote:

The Woodfast was one of the "go to" lathes in the late '90s, early
2000s. Good machines, solid build. I'm not sure they're in business
anymore. They were Australian IIRC.


there is another aussie one i think it is vicmark

would think competition would be rough down under


Vicmarc and yes they are still a going concern

  #7   Report Post  
Old February 3rd 16, 04:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,143
Default very sturdy looking but simple

On Wed, 3 Feb 2016 07:39:08 -0800
Ralph E Lindberg wrote:

Vicmarc and yes they are still a going concern


right with a with a c

i hear it is a good lathe

not sure if it is made in taiwan or not










  #8   Report Post  
Old February 3rd 16, 06:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Dec 2014
Posts: 63
Default very sturdy looking but simple

On 2016-02-03 16:17:21 +0000, Electric Comet said:

On Wed, 3 Feb 2016 07:39:08 -0800
Ralph E Lindberg wrote:

Vicmarc and yes they are still a going concern


right with a with a c

i hear it is a good lathe

not sure if it is made in taiwan or not



Australia



Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sturdy old desktop phone badgerboy Home Repair 2 March 3rd 07 07:51 PM
Sturdy window fan [email protected] Home Repair 15 May 28th 06 06:44 AM
Sturdy window fan [email protected] Home Ownership 15 May 28th 06 06:44 AM
Need to make some sturdy boxes Vince Heuring Woodworking 16 January 10th 05 06:56 AM
I'm planning a sturdy but inexpensive workbench. Brian Woodworking 21 December 15th 04 01:19 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2020 DIYbanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about DIY & home improvement"

 

Copyright © 2017