Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default very sturdy looking but simple

have never heard of this make but it looks solid

https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/tls/5429579577.html

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On 02/02/2016 12:10 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

have never heard of this make but it looks solid

https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/tls/5429579577.html

The Woodfast was one of the "go to" lathes in the late '90s, early
2000s. Good machines, solid build. I'm not sure they're in business
anymore. They were Australian IIRC.

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On 02/02/2016 3:55 PM, Kevin Miller wrote:
On 02/02/2016 12:10 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

have never heard of this make but it looks solid

https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/tls/5429579577.html

The Woodfast was one of the "go to" lathes in the late '90s, early
2000s. Good machines, solid build. I'm not sure they're in business
anymore. They were Australian IIRC.

...Kevin

I looked at their website and it looks as if they just sell re-branded
Taiwanese machines.
I may be wrong but.......
Graham
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 13:55:05 -0900
Kevin Miller wrote:

The Woodfast was one of the "go to" lathes in the late '90s, early
2000s. Good machines, solid build. I'm not sure they're in business
anymore. They were Australian IIRC.

there is another aussie one i think it is vicmark

would think competition would be rough down under

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On 2016-02-02 23:42:54 +0000, graham said:

On 02/02/2016 3:55 PM, Kevin Miller wrote:
On 02/02/2016 12:10 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

have never heard of this make but it looks solid

https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/tls/5429579577.html

The Woodfast was one of the "go to" lathes in the late '90s, early
2000s. Good machines, solid build. I'm not sure they're in business
anymore. They were Australian IIRC.

...Kevin

I looked at their website and it looks as if they just sell re-branded
Taiwanese machines.
I may be wrong but.......
Graham

Now, yes. "back in the day" no.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On 2016-02-03 03:37:29 +0000, Electric Comet said:

On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 13:55:05 -0900
Kevin Miller wrote:

The Woodfast was one of the "go to" lathes in the late '90s, early
2000s. Good machines, solid build. I'm not sure they're in business
anymore. They were Australian IIRC.

there is another aussie one i think it is vicmark

would think competition would be rough down under

Vicmarc and yes they are still a going concern

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Wed, 3 Feb 2016 07:39:08 -0800
Ralph E Lindberg wrote:

Vicmarc and yes they are still a going concern

right with a with a c

i hear it is a good lathe

not sure if it is made in taiwan or not

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning