Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default the lathe seen around the world

was told that the 16000 dollar oneway lathe is posted on many many cities
on craigslist

maybe it is a scam of some kind

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Could be a sales manager trying to get sales when people look only locally.

Martin -

My uncle took a 3 day road trip to buy his lathe. He took two friends
with him to help with the rigging (big lathe) and see the factory.

He turned cowboy hats and large bowls. a 3-phase motor.

Martin

On 1/22/2016 7:51 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
was told that the 16000 dollar oneway lathe is posted on many many cities
on craigslist

maybe it is a scam of some kind

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Fri, 22 Jan 2016 21:34:05 -0600
Martin Eastburn wrote:

Could be a sales manager trying to get sales when people look only
locally.

one possible reason
always hard to know what scammers are cooking up next

lots of car scams on craigslist

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On 22/01/2016 6:51 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
was told that the 16000 dollar oneway lathe is posted on many many cities
on craigslist

maybe it is a scam of some kind

But they all show that it is in Kelso, WA.

Graham

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On 2016-01-24 23:35:38 +0000, graham said:

On 22/01/2016 6:51 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
was told that the 16000 dollar oneway lathe is posted on many many cities
on craigslist

maybe it is a scam of some kind

But they all show that it is in Kelso, WA.

Graham

Which is sorta "local" to me, I'd heard from a guy in that area's club
that it was a guy that thought he wanted to be serious about
wood-turning and changed his mind

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On 2016-01-24 23:35:38 +0000, graham said:

On 22/01/2016 6:51 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
was told that the 16000 dollar oneway lathe is posted on many many
cities
on craigslist

maybe it is a scam of some kind

But they all show that it is in Kelso, WA.

Graham

Which is sorta "local" to me, I'd heard from a guy in that area's club
that it was a guy that thought he wanted to be serious about
wood-turning and changed his mind

That, too, had been in the back of my mind.
Graham
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Sun, 24 Jan 2016 16:35:38 -0700
graham wrote:

But they all show that it is in Kelso, WA.

they do but the point of craigslist is local exchanges

shipping would be a lot to almost anywhere because it has to be taken
apart and crated before a freight company would touch it

crating that would be a bit of work
hopefully he has woodworking skills and tools besides

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Fri, 22 Jan 2016 17:51:28 -0800
Electric Comet wrote:

was told that the 16000 dollar oneway lathe is posted on many many
cities on craigslist

price drop and now only 15000

i think they should raffle it off in a contest