Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default World's largest wood lathe?

Check out the prime mover!

http://www.peter-andres.com/www_root...ekord&Nummer=0
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Bob Ferapples" wrote in message
Check out the prime mover!

http://www.peter-andres.com/www_root...ekord&Nummer=0

This thing goes on for several pages.

An interesting use of heavy equipment.

I love the handles on those lathe tools.

I would get very nervous turning a bowel if I had to stand inside of it
while it was turning.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Lee Michaels wrote:

| I would get very nervous turning a bowel if I had to stand inside
| of it while it was turning.

ROFL (horrible image deleted)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Morris Dovey wrote:
Lee Michaels wrote:

| I would get very nervous turning a bowel if I had to stand inside
| of it while it was turning.

ROFL (horrible image deleted)

For sure. If that thing let's go... "Holy crap!"

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

And where do they find a bowl blank to fit????

Can it do pens?

Old Guy

"Bob Ferapples" wrote in message
Check out the prime mover!

http://www.peter-andres.com/www_root...ekord&Nummer=0

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Old guy" wrote

And where do they find a bowl blank to fit????

It was obviously laminated form a thousand or so parts.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Lee Michaels wrote:
"Bob Ferapples" wrote in message
Check out the prime mover!

http://www.peter-andres.com/www_root...ekord&Nummer=0

This thing goes on for several pages.

An interesting use of heavy equipment.

I love the handles on those lathe tools.

I would get very nervous turning a bowel if I had to stand inside of it
while it was turning.

I would be nervous turning a bowel let alone from where.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Bob Ferapples" wrote in message
Check out the prime mover!

http://www.peter-andres.com/www_root...ekord&Nummer=0

I still remember when my Grandfather took me out to his work at Sandia
National Labs on Family Day. He was in charge of the pattern making and
casting operations at the time. They had a lathe that would turn 8'
diameter x 40' long stock. It was pretty impressive. They didn't have it
running during family day but he said it was something to see alright.
Cheers,
cc

O/T, Largest Cash Crop Lew Hodgett Woodworking 100 December 23rd 06 10:11 PM
Largest Square Bar stone Metalworking 22 November 6th 05 01:14 AM
Need info on lathe - Gerry's Tool Wood copy lathe David C. Stone Woodturning 2 June 13th 05 02:32 PM
World Largest Plasma TV News Electronics Repair 3 January 9th 05 09:00 PM