Mike Reed

Default Stihl

I have a chance to buy a Stihl MS260 Pro with 18 inch bar for $402. They are
closing out the line. Does this seem like a good price. Thanks.

W2ZR

I paid less last year for the MS310 with a 20" bar and it came with a spare
chain/blade and a carrying case.
Stephen

There are three kinds of people, those who can count and those who can't.
Grandpa

I paid less than that for my Husky Rancher55 (18") on sale, however
Stihl does make a good chainsaw too.

Grandpa

Mike Reed wrote:
I have a chance to buy a Stihl MS260 Pro with 18 inch bar for $402. They are
closing out the line. Does this seem like a good price. Thanks.

Derek Hartzell

I would get a Stihl flyer newspaper. It should list retail prices for all
the saws. Then it's a simple check. The Pro Series is generally lighter
weight for a given horsepower. If you plan to cut larger trees, consider
upgrading the bar at purchase. It is generally a very low price to upgrade,
maybe $10? The boxes from Stihl generally only have powerheads, so it is
simply a matter of putting on a different bar. Later, it means the cost of
a new bar also.

"Mike Reed" wrote in message
news I have a chance to buy a Stihl MS260 Pro with 18 inch bar for $402. They are
closing out the line. Does this seem like a good price. Thanks.

Mike Reed

Default THANKS

Thanks to all who replied. It was a great help. Everyone, including me,
loves to talk about chain saws.
Mike

"Mike Reed" wrote in message
news
I have a chance to buy a Stihl MS260 Pro with 18 inch bar for $402. They

are
closing out the line. Does this seem like a good price. Thanks.

Ray Sandusky

No - that is too much - go to eBay and keep track of the prices for the
saws - some are brand new and can be bought without the bar - then you go to
the neighborhood True Value Hardware store and get one that you want. I got
a MS310 and bought a 25" bar - great saw with more versatility with the
longer bar!

Ray

FS: Stihl Chainsaw MS280 TerryB UK diy 0 March 11th 04 04:23 PM
FA: Last day to bid on Stihl saw and Magnetic Drill / Rotobroach Mr Blue Skye UK diy 3 December 4th 03 11:15 PM