Derek Hartzell

Default Stihl

I would get a Stihl flyer newspaper. It should list retail prices for all
the saws. Then it's a simple check. The Pro Series is generally lighter
weight for a given horsepower. If you plan to cut larger trees, consider
upgrading the bar at purchase. It is generally a very low price to upgrade,
maybe $10? The boxes from Stihl generally only have powerheads, so it is
simply a matter of putting on a different bar. Later, it means the cost of
a new bar also.

"Mike Reed" wrote in message
news I have a chance to buy a Stihl MS260 Pro with 18 inch bar for $402. They are
closing out the line. Does this seem like a good price. Thanks.