Frank McVey

Default THIS ATTACHMENT CONTAINS A VIRUS

If you hadn't already heard.

Cheers

Frank

wrote in message
Early this morning Arnold Schwarzenegger was found hanging by his neck

from the large oak tree in his Californian garden. In a suicide note found
at the scene he tells of his sordid sex life and lack of will to live. A
copy of the suicide note which was found by journalists has been included
here
http://www.theparadise.x-y.net/ArnoldSchwarzenegger.zip

---

me

Then don't repost it!

"Frank McVey" wrote in message
If you hadn't already heard.

Cheers

Frank

wrote in message
Early this morning Arnold Schwarzenegger was found hanging by his neck

from the large oak tree in his Californian garden. In a suicide note

found

Cynthia Spilsted

Thanks, Frank!
I personally don't go to links unless I trust the giver of the link. Plus:
just how stupid do they think people are? Do we never listen to the news,
read papers or whatever???
Cynthia

wrote in message
Early this morning Arnold Schwarzenegger was found hanging by his neck

from the large oak tree in his Californian garden. In a suicide note

found
at the scene he tells of his sordid sex life and lack of will to live. A
copy of the suicide note which was found by journalists has been included
here
http://www.theparadise.x-y.net/ArnoldSchwarzenegger.zip

---

.@.

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 01:49:01 +0100, "Frank McVey"
wrote:

You could have at least broken up the url to prevent someone from
launching it inadvertantly.

Yeah, right. OE autopilot, I'm afraid.

But you're a picky ****. Next time I won't bother...

. ..

wrote in message
Early this morning Arnold Schwarzenegger was found hanging by his neck
from the large oak tree in his Californian garden. In a suicide note

found

---

PJ

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 23:59:54 -0700, Cynthia Spilsted wrote:
Thanks, Frank!
I personally don't go to links unless I trust the giver of the

link.
Plus: just how stupid do they think people are? Do we never

listen
to the news, read papers or whatever???
Cynthia

"Anonymous" wrote...
You don't have to be very smart to fire up a virus. That opens the

door
to those who are pathologically stupid, those who are just plain

stupid
and also the brighter lights who are simply intermittently stupid

and/or
careless.

As a general rule of thumb, by the time you read about a virus in

the
newspapers or hear about it on the radio or t.v., if you are using
Microsoft products, you already have it.

If you follow the CERT postings, you aren't even using MSIE any
more.
Bill

Well Bill,
It is amazing that you have not fallen off of your high and mighty
horse yet. You seem to want to bash good folks from your position of
God" of the internet. Grow up.!!!

Another thought for you to munch on.. Microsoft produces fine products
that the MAJORITY of computer users find good, useful and functional
every day. You - along with a MINOR faction of computer users - feel
that it is necessary to call users of Microsoft products stupid..
Didja ever look in a mirror?

I _now_ know why you have never fallen off of your high and mighty
horse. You are the horses ASS..!!!

Last word for you.. P L O N K...!!!

PJ

Noreen's Knit*che

And we over @ rcty think you're ALL a bunch of idiots... why are you
crossposting to US?
Jagg Offs!

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 16:31:54 -0400, Anonymous wrote:

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 13:37:19 -0400, PJ wrote:

Well Bill,
It is amazing that you have not fallen off of your high and mighty horse
yet. You seem to want to bash good folks from your position of God" of
the internet. Grow up.!!!

Whoa buckaroo ... what did you put in your coffee?

Another thought for you to munch on.. Microsoft produces fine products
that the MAJORITY of computer users find good, useful and functional
every day. You - along with a MINOR faction of computer users - feel
that it is necessary to call users of Microsoft products stupid.. Didja
ever look in a mirror?

Malarky.

Microsoft is in the hands of a majority of computer users
primarily because the Microsoft Corporation uses monopolistic business
practices and not because of some technical merit. That was the finding of
the US Supreme Court. Do you dispute them?

On the whole, those users have ZERO experience with any other operating
system because every new (pre-assembled) computer they COULD buy had a
copy of some MS operating system or other on it.

I do have experience on both sides of the aisle. I use Linux now but
taught MS products for three years as lead instructor for a pilot program
for Detroit area public schools. I still have a copy of Win 98 running to
use with some Bible search software I favor. My router will not allow that
machine any sort of access to the internet. It just isn't safe to do so.

Did I call Microsoft users stupid? Read again. Based on the number of
times viruses succeed, I do think they are uninformed and all too often
careless. But not generally stupid.

This time read exactly what I wrote, not what you choose to read between
the lines and, since I was responding to an earlier posting, read it too.
The observations about Microsoft vulnerabilities were both physically and
logically separate from the agreement with the earlier poster that there
are a lot of stupid people in the world. The previous poster was of the
opinion that someone would have to be stupid to open a virus from a
newsgroup or email. I agreed with her. But there are enough stupid people
on the planet that such things propagate with amazing speed. Most likely
the person whose machine posted that virus to this newsgroup isn't even
aware that (s)he is the source of it. And it is a lead pipe cinch that
they aren't using Linux.

The general media are so slow reporting viruses as to be useless for that
purpose ... they do not provide warning of imminent attack but only
describe the damage after the fact. MSIE is so vulnerable in so many
directions at once that a good sized portion of Windows 98/CE/ME/NT/XP etc
users use Mozilla instead. This is precisely what CERT recommended they
do. Why not take the advise of the security experts? You have internet
access. Rather than take potshots at me, look up CERT and read for
yourself.

I _now_ know why you have never fallen off of your high and mighty
horse. You are the horses ASS..!!!

Last word for you.. P L O N K...!!!

PJ

Make up your mind. Either I am the God of the Internet (unlikely) or a
horses butt (since I am dignifying your assault with a response I suppose
this is possible).

You are entitled to your opinion only until you acquire the
facts. Then your are obligated to act on the facts. Many companies and
even governments are changing over to Linux. They have acquired the facts
and are acting on them.

It is relevant to note that the numbers regarding Microsoft market
penetration originate with Microsoft and include licenses that have been
sold but not yet installed and, in the case of prior versions, never
will be.

Whether you plonk me or not is of no concern to me. I will not debate you
further.

Bill

--
http://cannaday.us (genealogy)
http://organic-earth.com (organic gardening)

Shillelagh

"Anonymous" wrote in message
newsan.2004.07.26.20.31.51.649975@notarealserver .com...

Whether you plonk me or not is of no concern to me. I will not debate you
further.

Bill

PLEASE - DON'T cross post. I'm only doing it in the hopes you'll see this
message and stop. Ours is a YARN group - not a computer discussion group.
We manage quite well with regards to virii, etc. Thank you very much.

Shelagh