Robert Kline

Default Leeson Motor Question

I have a Nova 3000 with a Leeson 1HP DC motor. About 25% of the time,
when I throw the power switch, there's a slight screech/clang noise
(that's the best I can describe it) coming from the switch box (not the
motor itself) and a slight delay before it starts turning. I imagine
that something is about to fail and since I'm a wood guy and not a motor
guy, I don't know what I should be doing. Any advice is appreciated.
George

Could be a relay in the switch box is hanging or being interfered with by
dust or shavings. Would describe that as a chatter, though. Done a vacuum
or dust-off in there yet?

Leeson noise guy Woodturning 6 May 27th 04 05:39 PM
Baldor vs. Leeson, Unisaw replacment motors. David Eisan Woodworking 7 March 27th 04 04:56 PM