Old October 21st 03, 02:29 AM
deweyd

Default Cribbage Board Template

I would like to make a cribbage board and am looking for a source of
templates. I would like different sizes of 3 player game if
possible.

Thanks
dad

Old October 21st 03, 04:05 PM
Ecnerwal

"deweyd" wrote:

I would like to make a cribbage board and am looking for a source of
templates. I would like different sizes of 3 player game if
possible.

And this is in rec.crafts.woodturning for what reason? Pegs might have
something to do with this group, the boards themselves would be a bit
tricky to do on a turned object (while that might be cute, it would be
less cute for playing on, I think). Anyway...

How much would you like to pay? What sizes would you like? Any other
specifics ( normal layout, "racetrack", weird squggly versions...).

As a long-time cribbage player, it's fairly simple to draw up a board
template, even a 3-player one, but I don't work for free.

Old October 21st 03, 04:44 PM
Grandpa

Ecnerwal wrote:

"deweyd" wrote:

I would like to make a cribbage board and am looking for a source of
templates. I would like different sizes of 3 player game if
possible.

And this is in rec.crafts.woodturning for what reason? Pegs might have
something to do with this group, the boards themselves would be a bit
tricky to do on a turned object (while that might be cute, it would be
less cute for playing on, I think). Anyway...

How much would you like to pay? What sizes would you like? Any other
specifics ( normal layout, "racetrack", weird squggly versions...).

As a long-time cribbage player, it's fairly simple to draw up a board
template, even a 3-player one, but I don't work for free.

With assinine unfriendly responses like this no wonder few new people
stay here for long - Jackass.

Dewey - both Woodcraft and Rockler carry cribbage board templates. I
believe they run around $20. If memory serves they are available in
both plastic and metal. Check out their websites for the particulars.

Old October 21st 03, 05:58 PM
Martin Rost

Grandpa,
There was nothing wrong with Lawrence's response. He informed the poster
that this is not the best newsgroup for his request. He then offered him a
solution, to draw up a template to his specs. You offered him another
possible solution, though I haven't looked at the Woodcraft or Rockler sites
to see if their templates come in different sizes or for a 3 player game, as
the poster requested.
You might feel that Lawrence's answer wasn't helpful and you have the right
to post that opinion, but name calling isn't necessary or helpful.

Martin

Old October 21st 03, 08:28 PM
Arch

Grandpa, You are probably less quick to
unfairly criticize your grandchildren than you were to misunderstand one
of rcw's
most helpful and appreciated members.
I, for one, hope you will stay here, and _continue to ask good
questions, offer good advice and make your usually courteous comments.
Cribbage can be quite an 'agressive' game.
With respect, Arch

Fortiter,

Old October 22nd 03, 02:11 AM
Grandpa

Perhaps you are correct about the name calling, I was a bit hasty in my
response and know better. However his first paragraph pretty well sums
up what I believe was his annoyance at seeing such a 'dastardly' post in
the newsgroup. This same thing happens in this NG as well as the
woodworking one where people are giving smart-alec responses to people
who posted legitimate questions. This is not the way to get new people
into the hobby, especially when they ask something that is pretty darned
close to being on topic. And its certainly not a way to get new people
into the NG. As for the wrong forum, perhaps the guys ISP doesn't
connect to the proper forum. My old one didn't do turning but it did
woodworking - go figure. I didn't even know there was a turning forum
for the longest time because of it.

Old October 23rd 03, 01:08 AM
Nut Tree

If you do a google search for cribbage board plans you will get a fair
number of pictures that you could use to make your own template. Believe it
or not don't put the search into quotes. The only hits that way are porn
sights. How they ever thought of that link I don't know.

Old October 24th 03, 05:16 PM
Michael Jackson

I saw a turned cribbage board at a craft show which looked very good. It was
in the form of a disc with the peg holes around the circumference with
storage for the pegs in the middle.
Has anyone tried turning cribbage pegs from bone or similar materials?

Mike

Old November 7th 12, 11:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

This blog entry has three really popular templates: http://www.cribbageboardsforsale.com...le-by-rockler/