Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Bill Machin

Default Resawing A Large Bowl Blank--Help!

I will be receiving a large redwood burl bowl blank in the near
future. Approximate size is 16x16x8. I can handle cutting the circle,
but would like to to make a 16x6 bowl and use the remaining thickness
for a platter. I'm in the process of trying to find someone with a
large enough band saw to make the resaw cut for me, but am guessing
that chances of that happening locally are pretty slim.

A chainsaw would do the job as would the straight tool for my Kelton
hollower, but both would be fairly lossy in terms of material waste
(at least with my skill level.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks
Bill Machin