Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Wild Hare Idea: Biological Imperative Vid - Kinetic Turned Piece

With the exception of getting the Power Button to light up
when ON, this Wild Hare Idea is done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fulOQRKCPK0
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
JD JD is offline

That is comical. Have you patented the idea? I could see some high
school science teachers (or sex ed teacher) using your videos in
class. Great job.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Hilarious.

Well done.

"charlieb" wrote in message
With the exception of getting the Power Button to light up
when ON, this Wild Hare Idea is done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fulOQRKCPK0

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

JD wrote:

That is comical. Have you patented the idea? I could see some high
school science teachers (or sex ed teacher) using your videos in
class. Great job.

High School? Look around. Try Middle School / Junior High!

But you got the basic motivation right. My current batch of
neighborhood
"adoptees" who've been hanging out in my shop over the last five plus
years are almost all girls in the 10 to 15 year old range. And they all
seem to be boy crazy, or about to be boy crazy - which is to be expected
since hormones are kicking in - big time. The scary thing is that
they're
getting information from their peers, most of whom haven't a clue about
much of anything - except cell phones, I Pods, My Space, clothes,
"music",
clothes (Abercrombie, Hollister) and malls.

I'm of the Knowledge Is Power School - and at this age - some knowledge
about The Biological Imperative can make a difference when it comes to
choosing friends, especially boy friends. In order to convey knowledge
to teens, you have to get their attention. They have quick minds and
a good sense of humor.

So - if Knowledge can be presented in a funny/humorous way . . .

The Power Switch (hormonal changes) activates the Biological Imperative,
producing the key players in the Perpetuation Of The Species Game
- Ovum and Sperm. Eventually, they'll meet - and lives are changed.
Whether girls realize it or not, boys, whether they realize it or not,
are
looking for a Womb Reservation. And girls are looking for a Provider
for their future children.

It's a very ancient game they're playing, and unlike video games, there
are real consequences for their actions - there's no Game Over - Play
Again? If these Changelings understand The Game they, hopefully, will
make good choices, or at least better choices. If this piece
contributes
even in a little way to at least one good choice in this Biological
Imperative
/Perpetuation of the Species Game - I'll have helped.

Serious Mode - OFF.

charlie b
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley

"charlieb" wrote in message
With the exception of getting the Power Button to light up
when ON, this Wild Hare Idea is done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fulOQRKCPK0

LOL
talk about "wood turning"

what's teh odds
specially since I had just finished reading 3 science articles
with headlines

State paying for egg donors stokes debate
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/po...,3762104.story
Followed by
Scientists Make Sperm From Stem Cells, See No 'Human in a Dish'
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=aKQDokHxjfw8
Followed by
Drug helps monkeys, rabbits survive anthrax
http://www.reuters.com/article/scien...56776B20090708

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

charlieb schreef:
JD wrote:
[...]

This 10 min. video might be a nice illustration:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpHpq5mozMg